Hi I'm New Here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2011, 12:58 AM
Brick Hi I'm New Here
Hello everyone, I'm an atheist although I still love Jesus and believe he loves you all.

I became an atheist when I was 9 when I prayed to god to make Pokemon real and nothing happened. That's when I realized there was nobody out there.

I'm 18 and in university right now. I play the guitar and love playing rock music ironically as I know Jesus doesn't like it but he knows I'm just kidding around.

I've lurked for a while and feel that this is a good place for me and Jesus to start posting.

Fun fact: Did you know that a koala bear can live up to be 17 years old?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2011, 04:47 AM
RE: Hi I'm New Here
Welcome dude Smile

Did you know Koalas look really cute but can actually be quite vicious???

Can I ask why you dont believe in god but still believe in Jesus......im not dissing but curious thats all.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
23-09-2011, 08:01 AM
Hi and welcome...

Your lucky... I just made us some fresh soup...
[Image: funny-kids-pictures-i-am-not-soup.jpg]

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
23-09-2011, 08:25 AM

I am new to this forum as of a few minutes ago... I am a former evangelical pastor who left the ministry a number of years ago. During that time, as a licensed psychologist, I met with any number of troubled Christians who just happened to be pastors as well. I am convinced that many of them would not even be Christians if their job didn't depend on it. My life, post Christianity, has been challenging as I can imagine most on this site can attest to given your own personal struggles. (I have no facts to support this supposition but only a few anecdotal stories shared with me.)

I am glad to be here and look forward to interactions with any and all here.

Ed
Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2011, 08:34 AM
What kind of guitar do you play?? I electric what kind of amp do you use??? I like music.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-09-2011, 11:57 AM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2011 12:03 PM by JesusLovesYou69.)
(23-09-2011 08:34 AM)lucradis Wrote:  What kind of guitar do you play?? I electric what kind of amp do you use??? I like music.

I've got a sunburst colour Stratocaster but we only brought a small SP-10 practice amp since we didn't want to be too noisy in our dorm. Jesus and I both know to treat others how they would want to be treated.

What types of music do you like? I like hard rock and some metal. Mainly bands like Radiohead, RHCP, Foo Fighters, System of a Down, and Deftones.

Also, I'm a vegetarian (not a vegan), proof that like Koalas, humans can not eat meat too.
(23-09-2011 04:47 AM)bemore Wrote:  Welcome dude Smile

Did you know Koalas look really cute but can actually be quite vicious???

Can I ask why you dont believe in god but still believe in Jesus......im not dissing but curious thats all.

I believe that Jesus did in fact exist, although he didn't have all the supernatural powers Christians believe him to have had. I just believe he was just a good person, with good intentions.