Hi, I'm a Christian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2011, 02:58 AM
RE: Hi, I'm a Christian
(16-11-2011 11:02 AM)megamaster125 Wrote:  It is about individuals, a lot more than you think. How about this idea. Loving God sends individuals to help starving children.

It's not a bad idea, in fact I believe in it's truth, apart from the loving God part Smile

But *still*.

God is infinitely merciful yet he can watch a child starve... hmmm... he is infinitely powerful yet he can watch a person in pain die a slow and pointless death... and then welcome them into heaven presumably. Why the slow agony first? Infinitely powerful God, always watching... Not even nudging one of his chosen servants on Earth to go help out. He can cause a thunderstorm, he can make an earthquake, but he won't stretch forth his mighty hand to alleviate a little suffering...

Pfft. Even if he did exist, I'd never follow.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
17-11-2011, 04:08 AM
(17-11-2011 02:58 AM)morondog Wrote:  God is infinitely merciful yet he can watch a child starve...

Is he even still here? Ya know what I remember? Being a kid, seeing those ads for "starving kids in Africa;" and you know what I get to remember?

They were smiling.

Ya know what else I remember? The coupla weeks I was living in the bushes, eating out of dumpsters; when the entire purpose of the universe was for me to draw Gwyneth Paltrow's likeness on my clothes.

One must be "wealthy" to consider "starving children." Otherwise, one is looking for something to eat....

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
17-11-2011, 04:41 AM
I love when I skip this kind of interesting topics...

God job people, good job!

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
17-11-2011, 12:05 PM
(16-11-2011 12:00 PM)megamaster125 Wrote:  As far as my yugioh experience goes, don't you think God would need me to believe in Him before God can do anything else with me? It seems to me that belief in God has to take place before God can send me on any sort of mission trips.

Well then, that just proves your lack of faith.

Wink You look to be an Atheist ... and you just don't know it.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
17-11-2011, 12:14 PM
I think he left. That or he's doing something in his real life like a jerk. Either way I can only hope he was using troll like behavior in an attempt to drive me mad. Otherwise I might Actually go mad knowing that he's got a job and stuff like that even though he couldn't figure out the damn Xbox story. Idiocracy is a movie that I like to think of as a documentary of the future.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
17-11-2011, 05:55 PM
(17-11-2011 12:14 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Otherwise I might Actually go mad knowing that he's got a job and stuff like that even though he couldn't figure out the damn Xbox story.

Can you make a living playing Yu-Gi-Oh? That seems like his best bet.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
24-11-2011, 06:41 AM
Quote:Idiocracy is a movie that I like to think of as a documentary of the future.

"I'm a fuck oll o ya! Woohoo!"

So true, soooo true...

-Hunter S. Thompson
27-11-2011, 01:49 PM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2011 05:53 PM by Spectre.)
Unfortunately you are taking a very fundamentalist approach to The Bible. Rather than reading material from Creationists that rarely have any legitimate degree in a field of science, or even in hebrew(or greek.) I recommend reading articles for Biblical Archaeology, Bible scholarship, and from real Christian scientists. Don't let fundamentalists fool you. There is no contradiction between the existence of God, evolution, or an old universe. In fact, the early church did not accept literal six 24 hour day creation. The ones that did were in the minority, and this was before science started leaning more towards an old earth. If you want some sources to read through feel free to shoot me a pm.

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and [be] ready always to [give] an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:" Peter 3:15
28-11-2011, 02:22 AM
Quote:There is no contradiction between the existence of God, evolution, or an old universe.

Yes, that is what I've been trying to explain to Creationists many, many times, but they just keep going back in the infinite loop, with you as one exception. It's really stupid to read the Bible without thinking and just accept everything as literally as possible.

-Hunter S. Thompson