Hi, I'm a Tea Partier

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2011, 11:36 PM
RE: Hi, I'm a Tea Partier
I just see one small problem with states - if they are self sufficient from a military point of view and they have complete autonomy of force in their territory - who enforces the constitution ?
Do the other states keep it in line ? If so , how ?
What happens if Texas becomes a theocracy ?
Or if Arizona deported all non-whites ?
Or if Utah arrested gays ?

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2011, 06:57 AM

(30-01-2011 11:36 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  I just see one small problem with states - if they are self sufficient from a military point of view and they have complete autonomy of force in their territory - who enforces the constitution ?
Do the other states keep it in line ? If so , how ?
What happens if Texas becomes a theocracy ?
Or if Arizona deported all non-whites ?
Or if Utah arrested gays ?

great point..... it wasn't that long ago that AZ called up its national guard to protect its flow of water that california had threatened to block.... with wacko brewer at the helm now, i could see that going south very fast...
Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2011, 09:47 AM
(31-01-2011 06:57 AM)freethinker1 Wrote:  it wasn't that long ago that AZ called up its national guard to protect its flow of water that california had threatened to block.... with wacko brewer at the helm now, i could see that going south very fast...

Please provide a link - this is a story I need to see to believe.
What you're describing is civil war ?!?!(or at least a skirmish among military in the same country)

31-01-2011, 10:05 AM

http://www.livinghistoryfarm.org/farming...er_10.html

it has been an ongoing battle over water in the western US... but the 1935 calling up of the guard by the AZ governor against California building the Parker dam is little known.
08-02-2011, 11:04 AM
[Image: story.jpg]

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Thank you, The Doctor, for that post. Tom Tomorrow used to be one of my favorites, but I fell away from it when I quit reading a local newspaper-zine that ran it. I see it still brings a smile to my face.

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
08-02-2011, 03:14 PM
I think they made coloring books in that style - what you guys are in for in the next 20-30 years I don't want to know Sad

08-02-2011, 03:22 PM

sadly politics and religion are intertwined in the US... and the teabaggers embody the ignorant best in both with twice the bigotry that comes with either....
08-02-2011, 09:55 PM
(08-02-2011 03:14 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  I think they made coloring books in that style - what you guys are in for in the next 20-30 years I don't want to know Sad
Dude, I barely want to know. I've been trying to survey European countries to figure out which one would be the best to flee to...
Anyone wanna take in a couple refugees? Smile

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
09-02-2011, 10:10 AM

(08-02-2011 09:55 PM)cfhmagnet Wrote:  
(08-02-2011 03:14 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  I think they made coloring books in that style - what you guys are in for in the next 20-30 years I don't want to know Sad
Dude, I barely want to know. I've been trying to survey European countries to figure out which one would be the best to flee to...
Anyone wanna take in a couple refugees? Smile

CFH, I work for a European Country, and 2.5 years ago there was talk of them moving me to CORP, in Denmark. Sadly, that dream has pasted, I would love to live in Europe for a while.. Not just because of the crap with Tea Party, but just the history there is amazing.