Hi I'm new and just out of the closet!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2014, 07:39 AM
RE: Hi I'm new and just out of the closet!
If they're alright with agnostics, just say you're agnostic atheist. You don't believe in god, but you make no claims of knowledge either way...

Unless you DO have knowledge of gods nonexistence, which would be fantastic.

Just like they could be agnostic theist (believing in god, but not claiming to know it exists) or gnostic theist (believing in god, and claiming to know it exists)

Welcome to the madhouse.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2014, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I'll try to remember to bring donuts tomorrow!!! Except, tomorrow is promise to no one. Hehe!

Yes, that's a good idea to say I'm an agnostic atheist. That's actually, kind of true...
10-09-2014, 08:16 AM
Well it's good that you came out on a Tuesday, because we all go back in the closet on weekends and this place is dead until Monday comes around again.

Welcome.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
10-09-2014, 10:32 AM
(10-09-2014 08:16 AM)Elskidor Wrote:  Well it's good that you came out on a Tuesday, because we all go back in the closet on weekends and this place is dead until Monday comes around again.

Welcome.

(giggle) That's cute!
10-09-2014, 11:05 AM
Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-09-2014, 11:22 AM
(10-09-2014 11:05 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.

I prefer small children. Wink
[+] 3 users Like Carla_Danger's post
10-09-2014, 12:40 PM
(09-09-2014 07:38 PM)Carla_Danger Wrote:  Hi, nice to meet everyone. Oh gosh, where to start? I'll keep it simple. I just watched the Rebecca Vitsmun video (sniff, sniff...very touching) and noticed it was done by The Thinking Atheist, then a few moments later, I did a search on Google, "why atheism is not a religion" and came across this site again. I cracked up when I read the FAQ's. Then I noticed there is a forum, and here I am.

Anyhoot, about Rebecca, she's the one that inspired me to COME OUT!!! I'm also a resident of Oklahoma, and lost the roof of my home a week after the Moore, OK tornado. It hasn't been easy...this coming out. People are fine if you say you're an agnostic, but atheism is another ball game.

I don't understand why people act so offended by me being an atheist.

Welcome! Thumbsup

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
10-09-2014, 01:11 PM
(10-09-2014 11:22 AM)Carla_Danger Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 11:05 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.

I prefer small children. Wink

Rip the tags off small children? ... I'm actually sure they would appreciate that. Those tags always chaffed my neck when I was young.