Hi, I'm new, but not new to atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2017, 08:44 AM
RE: Hi, I'm new, but not new to atheism
(21-02-2017 06:36 PM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 05:55 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Is another forum exodus-ing to us?
Suppose it's inevitable when you got the greenest grass around.

A fair number of us newbies are refugees from the Amazon Atheist forum, which now seems actively hostile to us. Several of us were banished, quite a few had posts deleted in what we took to be an arbitrary manner. We think we see the writing on the wall.

Do you think it is on account of your religious status? Has it become a xtian centric forum?

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes whateverist's post
22-02-2017, 05:49 PM
(22-02-2017 08:44 AM)whateverist Wrote:  Do you think it is on account of your religious status? Has it become a xtian centric forum?

There has been speculation to that effect. I've been inclined to see similar past episodes as the result of (poorly) automated moderation. But some features of this latest purge seem to bear fingerprints of human intervention. Perusing various fora, I notice that people seem to have been "raptured" away from both atheist and Christian fora, and both atheists and Christians have been banned.

But the number of deleted posts seems proportionally much greater in the atheist forum, where so many holes have recently been punched in most current threads, you can't tell what the topic of discussion is (or was).

I don't really think, though, that Amazon per se gives a rat's hind end whether the money spent there is Christian money or atheist money, so long as it's money. Could also be that Amazon unknowingly put a Christian zealot on forum monitoring duty, and that wayward individual is taking advantage of an opportunity while they can.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post
22-02-2017, 07:05 PM
(22-02-2017 08:44 AM)whateverist Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 06:36 PM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  A fair number of us newbies are refugees from the Amazon Atheist forum, which now seems actively hostile to us. Several of us were banished, quite a few had posts deleted in what we took to be an arbitrary manner. We think we see the writing on the wall.

Do you think it is on account of your religious status? Has it become a xtian centric forum?

No, I don't think it is a religious thing, although it is suspicious.

I think the deletions are primarily because of our many complaints to specific individuals who monopolize the forum with their political opinions, egotism, misconstruals, veiled insults, and condescensions to other posters. Why some people are allowed to go on and on while others are deleted for pointing out such failings is beyond me.
22-02-2017, 07:48 PM
(21-02-2017 05:16 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  "They're cleaning house, Gwaith."

>Good to see you again, Mary. Last I saw, Happy!x3 was still posting nonsense and his usual invectives against atheists with no actions by the Amazon moderator(s).

They seem to like certain trolls, look how long 'blue' lasted. Now, the atheist Trump thread is dominated by LWL and AO arguing about classical music.
[+] 1 user Likes Mary L. Mand's post
22-02-2017, 08:20 PM
(19-02-2017 03:08 AM)Dorsie Wrote:  Well, hello Rachel. Smile

It's so great to see you here, and thank you for sharing what I know was a very painful event.

This is a really nice forum, with intelligent, witty, and kind members. I hope you feel as at home here as I do.

Warmest welcome. Dorsie

Hi Dorsie! Good to see you too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
22-02-2017, 08:21 PM
(19-02-2017 04:15 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  Hey, girl! It's Mom!

You made it!! We had to hurry before Trump builds his wall around Amazonia!

22-02-2017, 08:23 PM
(21-02-2017 05:55 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Is another forum exodus-ing to us?
Suppose it's inevitable when you got the greenest grass around.

It is! And TTA appears to be the Canada of welcoming refugees!

[+] 1 user Likes Rachel's post
22-02-2017, 08:24 PM
(21-02-2017 06:58 PM)Dr H Wrote:  Hey R^3 !

Looks like the migration has started in earnest. Wink

It's so cool that we're all here!
22-02-2017, 08:25 PM
(21-02-2017 08:49 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 06:36 PM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  A fair number of us newbies are refugees from the Amazon Atheist forum, which now seems actively hostile to us. Several of us were banished, quite a few had posts deleted in what we took to be an arbitrary manner. We think we see the writing on the wall.

Sound like a bunch of cunts. Unless.. you lot were the cunts... Consider
Either way, we certainly are a bunch of cunts over here at TTA, that's for damn sure, so either you'll fit in perfectly because you lot are too a bunch of cunts or you're used to being around cunts and fit in perfectly. Bonus, we won't ban ya just because you post negative things about religion. Religion can go fuck itself for all we care. Freedom of speech is the aim of the game around here so you wont be banned for things you say. Unless you're cunts. We only ban cunts.

Just a disclaimer. Our leader, Momsurroundedbyboys (she's the cunt in green), is a known criminal on the run from the police for a hit and run using the alias Bubbles the truckstop hooker. So.. keep that on the down-low we don't want the feds finding out we're harbouring a known felon.

It's a funny thing about the "C" word. Even women who have never heard it hate it. It's like it's genetic or something...
22-02-2017, 08:29 PM
(22-02-2017 07:05 PM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  
(22-02-2017 08:44 AM)whateverist Wrote:  Do you think it is on account of your religious status? Has it become a xtian centric forum?

No, I don't think it is a religious thing, although it is suspicious.

I think the deletions are primarily because of our many complaints to specific individuals who monopolize the forum with their political opinions, egotism, misconstruals, veiled insults, and condescensions to other posters. Why some people are allowed to go on and on while others are deleted for pointing out such failings is beyond me.

I think my downfall was when I engaged Birutegal on the Christianity Forum. She would spew the nastiest, the most bare-filled posts and then complain to the mods when anyone responded to her. Oddly she and cestusdei were raptured before I was. That's something, at least. And I survived the rapture by a day.