Hi, I'm new here.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2016, 12:20 PM
Hi, I'm new here.
I'm a 41yo woman, teach HS science, married with three kiddos. I've felt like a faker my whole life until I finally let go of trying to believe and I feel much better! I almost feel like I have to be secretive about it, living in MO. My in-laws are devout Christians and would cry for days if they found out I am a nonbeliever and their son, my husband, is basically also an atheist. There's more, but I want to look around! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JosieWales's post
24-05-2016, 12:30 PM
RE: Hi, I'm new here.
Welcome to our community.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

24-05-2016, 12:32 PM
Hello! Big Grin
24-05-2016, 01:34 PM
Greetings! ^^

☆☆☆
24-05-2016, 01:40 PM
Hi! Glad you're here Smile
24-05-2016, 02:25 PM
Welcome!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
24-05-2016, 03:03 PM
(24-05-2016 12:20 PM)JosieWales Wrote:  I'm a 41yo woman, teach HS science, married with three kiddos. I've felt like a faker my whole life until I finally let go of trying to believe and I feel much better! I almost feel like I have to be secretive about it, living in MO. My in-laws are devout Christians and would cry for days if they found out I am a nonbeliever and their son, my husband, is basically also an atheist. There's more, but I want to look around! Smile

I live in Missouri too, and it is all over, but I can't remember the last time I've been asked what church I go to by anyone not knocking on my door trying to sell their version of the truth. Could be worse. Could still be living down south. Confused

But nobody's gonna jump on ya for not going to church 'round here, so Welcome. Shy

24-05-2016, 03:07 PM
nope, but there is a bounty on her head Tongue
Welcome to the forums.
24-05-2016, 03:33 PM
Hi Josie. Welcome to the forum. I'm glad that the self-honesty is feeling good. Poke around all you like. Not many of us bite.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
24-05-2016, 03:46 PM
Hi.
We like us some outlaws.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.