Hi I`m new (original title nr. 1)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2014, 07:49 AM
Hi I`m new (original title nr. 1)
I hate writing these, I always want to leave an lasting impression on those who read it.

Here I go.

My name is Elísabet, I´m a 25 year old Icelandic woman living in Denmark, and I´ll graduate nursing school next spring ( Gasp ). I am married to Dane an together we have 3 year old daughter.

I grew up in this extreme christian church in Iceland. Women were not to cut their hair, and wear long skirts. And the men could dress like what ever, figures.

At about 14 two big things happened. My parents split, so there where no church going anymore - aaand I got a computer into my bedroom. I chatted with a lot of people from around the world, and this one guy, who was an atheist. That opened my mind up for the possibility of not believing. Naive and all, I argued for Christianity, and we didn´t chat for very long. But that chat was a beginning for me realizing that there is no god. At 18 I admitted to myself that I was a non believer, and it was weird and amazing.

Today, I haven´t really "come out yet". Many of my friends are religious, and I find the times that when I mention my non believes, it just becomes an unintelligent, frustrating conversation and me not wanting to be friends with them anymore. One of my closest friends told me and a few others on an outing, that she had visited a healer of some sorts. That "healer" said the reason for her being fat on her torso was that she was a sensitive soul, and protecting her soul. Everyone was like very interested and I told her that was bullshit, and that it was called genes. She got very irritated with me, and I again felt like an alien.

I live in a small town in Denmark, and I feel like such a misfit. I´m an atheist, feminist, foreigner and pretty much an anarchist. Every time I open up my mouth here I just get met with blank stares and "wtf is wrong with her" looks.

So here I am, hoping to exchange thoughts with people a little bit more like me Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Elisabet-sokkur's post
10-09-2014, 08:31 AM
RE: Hi I`m new (original title nr. 1)
Welcome!

Jump right into the threads. We have a global group here, with many different age groups and backgrounds.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
10-09-2014, 08:34 AM
Welcome! Big Grin
10-09-2014, 08:49 AM
Welcome Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
10-09-2014, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the welcomes! Smile
10-09-2014, 09:50 AM
If your getting "wtf is wrong with her" looks in such circumstances, it means you doing something right, welcome aboard!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
10-09-2014, 04:14 PM
Welcome, nice to meet you!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
10-09-2014, 04:46 PM
You came to the right place Shy
I have made many friends since I joined TTA, and most share my lack of religion Big Grin
Welcome!

10-09-2014, 04:54 PM
Welcome aboard. Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
10-09-2014, 05:09 PM
Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user