Hi! My story!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2012, 11:29 AM
RE: Hi! My story!
I was more of a Transformers: Beast Wars and GI Joe kind of kid.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
19-06-2012, 11:52 AM
(18-06-2012 08:37 PM)angela_means_fallen_angel Wrote:  I guess I believe if there is a God and he doesn't have enough time to drop in and let us know he's in the neighborhood then I'm not going to invite him into my home and kiss his ass.

Well... someone may have found their first signature! Wink

Hi AMFA - sounds like you really put your parents through the changes - ah, *sigh* - good times. Shy

I love that you kept track of all the bullshit in your head as you followed the dots! I'm glad you know that what your parents really did, was fuck up the wonderful childhood that you were making for yourself. You can't really do much for them except love them - they chose what they chose and it sounds like they are still trying to convince themselves of it. Best leave them to that. Thumbsup

You however... what a survivor - Rainbow Brite would take your hand and you'd both ride off together! Heart
There's no religion or particular belief here to get in the way of figuring out reality. Feel free to see what there is to see in others, the world, and yourself. And always ask questions; if there are more questions in life than answers... you're doing it right. It's great to have you here.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
19-06-2012, 12:29 PM
Welcome to the forums! That's an intense story- it sucks that you were forced through so many years of miserable Christian school. Sad On the bright side, at least it cured you of believing in it!
[+] 3 users Like kineo's post
19-06-2012, 12:35 PM
There are a few good signature gems available from Eddie Izzard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-WN_z1v92k

http://i.imgur.com/px1p3.jpg

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
19-06-2012, 01:02 PM
(19-06-2012 12:35 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  There are a few good signature gems available from Eddie Izzard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-WN_z1v92k

http://i.imgur.com/px1p3.jpg

Love Eddie Izzard (no homo).

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
19-06-2012, 01:29 PM
(19-06-2012 01:02 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Love Eddie Izzard (no homo).

Ha - who are those parenthesis for?

Men. Rolleyes

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
19-06-2012, 02:08 PM
(19-06-2012 11:29 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I was more of a Transformers: Beast Wars and GI Joe kind of kid.

Tranformers G1
He-Man
GI Joe
Voltron
Thundercats

Those are mine.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
19-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Most of those are a bit before my time. I was also a Power Rangers and Pokemon nerd...I still play Pokemon actually. I'm not afraid to admit it!!!! Bulbasuar! Use Vinewhip!!!!

—Thomas Henry Huxley
19-06-2012, 02:40 PM
(19-06-2012 02:35 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Most of those are a bit before my time. I was also a Power Rangers and Pokemon nerd...I still play Pokemon actually. I'm not afraid to admit it!!!! Bulbasuar! Use Vinewhip!!!!

Holy crap... now I feel old.

Thanks.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
19-06-2012, 02:41 PM
(19-06-2012 02:40 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(19-06-2012 02:35 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Most of those are a bit before my time. I was also a Power Rangers and Pokemon nerd...I still play Pokemon actually. I'm not afraid to admit it!!!! Bulbasuar! Use Vinewhip!!!!

Holy crap... now I feel old.

Thanks.
Lol don't feel bad. I feel old now too!

She said all a body would have to do there was to go around all day long with a harp and sing. So I didn't think much of it. But I never said so. I asked her if she reckoned Tom Sawyer would go there, and she said not by a considerable sight. I was glad about that, because I wanted him and me to be together. - Huck Finn.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user