RE: Hi There
Hello! You rock!

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ukatheist's post
22-02-2017, 02:43 AM
(22-02-2017 02:18 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  Hello! You rock!

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Not only that, but as a seismologist I can shake, shake, shake. Smile
22-02-2017, 06:27 AM
Howdy!

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
23-02-2017, 04:58 AM
(22-02-2017 06:27 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Howdy!

Any hobbit is a friend of mine. As for hair, as long as your tootsies are nice and fuzzy, you're good to go on an adventure. Smile
26-02-2017, 06:05 AM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2017 07:38 AM by Dorsie.)
This is just the newbie here testing a new problem with seeing video previews posted on my iPad. If you can see the preview and want to watch, you will see a very short video of a tiny puppy doing an epic standing broad jump. Otherwise, free to ignore this post altogether. There may be a lot of edits while I try to solve this bug that cropped up Saturday morning after the TTA site shutdown.

Thank you for your indulgence while I learn this forum system. Shy

26-02-2017, 06:19 AM
(26-02-2017 06:05 AM)Dorsie Wrote:  This is just the newbie here testing a new problem with seeing video previews posted on my iPad. If you can see the preview and want to watch, you will see a very short video of a tiny puppy doing an epic standing broad jump. Otherwise, free to ignore this post altogether. There may be a lot of edits while I try to solve this bug that cropped up Saturday morning after the TTA site shutdown.

Have you figured out how to post larger images? The ones I upload always turn out really small.

"Old men make old words holy. - A fool may scrawl on a slate and if no one has the wit to wipe it clean for a thousand years the scrawl becomes the wisdom of ages."

Honorous J. Ancrath
[+] 1 user Likes M. Linoge's post
26-02-2017, 06:27 AM
Welcome aboard. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Lucipurr's post
26-02-2017, 06:37 AM
(26-02-2017 06:19 AM)M. Linoge Wrote:  
(26-02-2017 06:05 AM)Dorsie Wrote:  This is just the newbie here testing a new problem with seeing video previews posted on my iPad. If you can see the preview and want to watch, you will see a very short video of a tiny puppy doing an epic standing broad jump. Otherwise, free to ignore this post altogether. There may be a lot of edits while I try to solve this bug that cropped up Saturday morning after the TTA site shutdown.

Have you figured out how to post larger images? The ones I upload always turn out really small.

Are you attaching images or including links to them in the text? Attachments show up small and there's a limit to how many you can use because they are uploaded to the server and take up space. If you use [img] tags in the text with links to URLs they will show up bigger.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
26-02-2017, 07:15 AM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2017 07:37 AM by Dorsie.)
(26-02-2017 06:19 AM)M. Linoge Wrote:  

I haven't tried images yet, just videos. I was working on the one malfunctioning post Early Sunday morning when the site went down for some maintenance. My latest test worked, so that other may have been corrupted. I know images are automatically reduced in pixels to save memory, but have a bar to tap to see the originals.

The only thing I've tried yet is using the video TV icon in the toolbar to initiate a link to Youtube and paste a URL in the automatic BBcode. I think you were all asking about images, but I haven't slept since yesterday morning and I can't even type straight now.

My main problem is staying away from the mobile site while using a tablet. Mobile mode does not show many of the most important options. In UCP, go to Other Options on the bottom right. Turn off "Use a mobile version if I visit from a mobile site, and check "use default" under board style. Be sure to save the changes to the options with the button at the bottom.
[+] 2 users Like Dorsie's post
26-02-2017, 07:55 AM
Anyone wishing to use my info thread as a testing place for new forum skills should feel free to do so. When I am fully conscious again, we can all use it to help each other master the skill set here without disrupting other threads. Strength in shared knowledge. Big Grin