Hi There

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2017, 08:28 AM
RE: Hi There
(26-02-2017 06:37 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(26-02-2017 06:19 AM)M. Linoge Wrote:  Have you figured out how to post larger images? The ones I upload always turn out really small.

Are you attaching images or including links to them in the text? Attachments show up small and there's a limit to how many you can use because they are uploaded to the server and take up space. If you use [img] tags in the text with links to URLs they will show up bigger.

Thank you for the image tip. I saw the storage limit and had considered something like this. Now I know it can be done. Shared knowledge is the best gift. Thumbsup

Do you know how to delete posts or clean up your image storage?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2017, 08:37 AM
(26-02-2017 08:28 AM)Dorsie Wrote:  
(26-02-2017 06:37 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Are you attaching images or including links to them in the text? Attachments show up small and there's a limit to how many you can use because they are uploaded to the server and take up space. If you use [img] tags in the text with links to URLs they will show up bigger.

Thank you for the image tip. I saw the storage limit and had considered something like this. Now I know it can be done. Shared knowledge is the best gift. Thumbsup

You cannot delete posts. People have been known to get mad and go full tilt and delete all their posts, leaving threads that make absolutely no sense. So, that's not going to happen. You can edit your post for a short time to correct your typos etc. and that's it.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
26-02-2017, 08:45 AM
(26-02-2017 08:28 AM)Dorsie Wrote:  
(26-02-2017 06:37 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Are you attaching images or including links to them in the text? Attachments show up small and there's a limit to how many you can use because they are uploaded to the server and take up space. If you use [img] tags in the text with links to URLs they will show up bigger.

I don't know if you can clean up old images; somebody else will have to address that. I just never attach images so as not to have to deal with it.

You can't delete posts; you can edit them for a short time so you can replace the contents with just 'deleted' or something like that but once the time limit is up only a moderator or admin can do anything with it. I don't remember how long it is... a few hours I think. If you've made a donation to the forum you get additional time.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
27-02-2017, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2017 02:26 PM by M. Linoge.)
[Image: ?FileName=Yoddler_451_LARGE.jpeg]

Ha! Figured it out!

Thanks unfogged!

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."
[+] 1 user Likes M. Linoge's post
28-02-2017, 07:23 AM
(27-02-2017 02:05 PM)M. Linoge Wrote:  [Image: ?FileName=Yoddler_451_LARGE.jpeg]

Ha! Figured it out!

Thanks unfogged!

Love the photo. I am convinced that cats brains naturally produce every psychoactive drug known in response to fairly normal stimuli. If there are aliens among us, they are feline, and they are deeply amused by the knowledge that I am allergic to them. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Dorsie's post
01-03-2017, 03:30 PM
(26-02-2017 08:37 AM)Dom Wrote:  You cannot delete posts. People have been known to get mad and go full tilt and delete all their posts, leaving threads that make absolutely no sense. So, that's not going to happen.

Gee, that was SOP at Amazon.

Threads that made absolutely no sense due to deletions, I mean. Wink

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 3 users Like Dr H's post