Hi! Yet Anther Amazon Refugee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2017, 07:00 PM
RE: Hi! Yet Anther Amazon Refugee
(22-02-2017 06:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 03:12 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  ASH, Ammy just spanked me for a post that was "spiteful and outside our guidelines."

Mods please add "spiteful and inappropriate" to the causes for banning here.

Me and my big mouth...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2017, 07:02 PM
Quote: Mary L. Mand Wrote:
ASH, Ammy just spanked me for a post that was "spiteful and outside our guidelines."

Around here spanking usually costs extra.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
22-02-2017, 07:18 PM
(22-02-2017 07:02 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote: Mary L. Mand Wrote:
ASH, Ammy just spanked me for a post that was "spiteful and outside our guidelines."

Around here spanking usually costs extra.

Think I made a wrong turn...
[+] 1 user Likes Mary L. Mand's post
22-02-2017, 07:57 PM
Just don't bend over.

[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
22-02-2017, 08:00 PM
(22-02-2017 07:18 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  
(22-02-2017 07:02 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Around here spanking usually costs extra.

Think I made a wrong turn...

Naw, we're just a bunch of cards.

After looking through this thread, I've decided to address several posts at once with personal observations.

I see that FullCircle has answered Mary's question about grinding trolls. Thumbsup

Girly is on a tear. Laugh out load he's showing you some of the craziest shit. Most of those people are long gone. He's a crusty old sailor; don't let him scare you. I also served in the US Navy, and am a little crusty, myself.

You will be hard pressed to have a post deleted. I killed a thread one time with too much information about a bunch of infant death that was related to a particular mutation. Totally innocent, no graphic pix, etc. I tried to have my post deleted, but the admin I asked to do so explained that posts don't generally get deleted. I felt bad for killing the thread, and apologized to the originator.

In general, deleting threads and/or posts ruin the continuity of a discussion. If you think that the forum is going away, this would be a good indicator of it.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
22-02-2017, 08:09 PM
(22-02-2017 07:57 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Just don't bend over.

Good advice.
22-02-2017, 08:36 PM
(22-02-2017 06:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 12:59 PM)M. Linoge Wrote:  https://www.amazon.com/forum/atheist/ref...0DQ2H7S4W0

What am I looking at? Is that Pico de Guano the troll? Shit bring him over here, needs some more training if he's looking to do it professionally.

Yeah, the recent level of commitment is more atrocious than the trolling itself.
We used to have proper raving lunatics, with the anger and paranoia you'd expect from people who get their kicks from being nasty to strangers.
My favorite disappeared a year ago after sharing with us that mommy thought his fart-jokes and threats were "missionary work, spreading the Word"; and she was proud her sixty-something son spent his golden years doing that. (I'm guessing she waited until he left the room then called the nice men in white coats, who eventually found the right combination of meds.)

Now we have lazy morons who start threads and delete their own posts, pretend they can't spell or just spam "read Genesis" once every three days.
Yawn.
[+] 2 users Like M. Linoge's post
22-02-2017, 08:42 PM
(22-02-2017 08:09 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  
(22-02-2017 07:57 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Just don't bend over.

Good advice.

I usually save that advice for altar boys but it seemed appropriate here this time.

24-03-2017, 06:56 AM
Part of the Amazon forums story: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/08/30...-histories

"I wouldn't have had I been able."--- Anon
[+] 2 users Like zoltan's post
24-03-2017, 09:51 AM
(24-03-2017 06:56 AM)zoltan Wrote:  Part of the Amazon forums story: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/08/30...-histories

> One can only wonder at how many customers will no longer shop at Amazon due to being banned from the forums. Consider
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post