Hi! Yet Anther Amazon Refugee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2017, 10:07 AM
RE: Hi! Yet Anther Amazon Refugee
(24-03-2017 09:51 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 06:56 AM)zoltan Wrote:  Part of the Amazon forums story: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/08/30...-histories

> One can only wonder at how many customers will no longer shop at Amazon due to being banned from the forums. Consider

It's not only being banned from the forums! A couple weeks ago, I decided to see if an old account of mine was still banned (for posting 'spiteful' remarks). When I tried to give a star rating on a DVD, I was told: "Sorry, we are unable to accept your review of this product for either one or both of the following reasons: Your previous review of this product did not comply with our Customer Reviews Guidelines. Amazon does not permit reviews from customers whose relationship to the product or seller may be perceived as biased." Of course I had never attempted to rate the product using that account.

I've seen this sort of thing mentioned on numerous sites on the 'Net. Amazon started fighting back against paid reviewers. In the process, they have falsely accused sincere, innocent customers of bias, working as paid agents of writers, publishers, etc. and have gone so far as to ban known genre writers from reviewing works in their field. Apparently someone such as Brian Greene cannot review books by physicists.

I haven't purchased anything from Amazon in over a decade. I'm hoping to hell that the company falls off the face of the Earth. Mostly so that bookstores I can visit will open in my city.

"I wouldn't have had I been able."--- Anon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like zoltan's post
24-03-2017, 10:13 AM
Amazonians!

I see in the ruins of the Amazon atheist forum that Macheath was banned again for the second time in a couple of weeks. He had already deleted most of the 'Schroedinger' posts in the thread where he had decided to taunt RRR and others for being raptured.

If anyone would like, I'll go over to Amazon and invite 'Strange Theory of Light and Matter/Quid Est Veritas/Schroedinger's Cat (Katt/etc.)/Macheath/etc./etc./etc.' over here to join the hijinks.

Any takers?

[+] 2 users Like zoltan's post
24-03-2017, 11:04 AM
More the merrier I say!

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes ukatheist's post
24-03-2017, 11:21 AM
(24-03-2017 10:13 AM)zoltan Wrote:  Amazonians!

I see in the ruins of the Amazon atheist forum that Macheath was banned again for the second time in a couple of weeks. He had already deleted most of the 'Schroedinger' posts in the thread where he had decided to taunt RRR and others for being raptured.

If anyone would like, I'll go over to Amazon and invite 'Strange Theory of Light and Matter/Quid Est Veritas/Schroedinger's Cat (Katt/etc.)/Macheath/etc./etc./etc.' over here to join the hijinks.

Any takers?

> Go for it! I've already been banned from the Amazon forums.
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
24-03-2017, 01:08 PM
The natives are agreeable. We'll leave the light on for them.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
24-03-2017, 01:46 PM
Hi. Everything I would have said had been said.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
24-03-2017, 04:08 PM
(24-03-2017 09:51 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 06:56 AM)zoltan Wrote:  Part of the Amazon forums story: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/08/30...-histories

> One can only wonder at how many customers will no longer shop at Amazon due to being banned from the forums. Consider

I haven't been banned (yet), but have resolved to no longer buy anything from Amazon.
It's their site, they can do what they want with it and I am not required to add to their coffers.
[+] 1 user Likes Mary L. Mand's post
24-03-2017, 04:41 PM

Heh, we made the news. Far out. Yes

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 4 users Like Dr H's post
25-03-2017, 05:42 AM
I could invite Macheath/etc. over here. On the other hand, people here at The Thinking Atheist have had to deal with Mabus. Any and all Amazon trolls are going to seem like junk food compared to that one. That and I forgot that I'm banned at Amazon too!

[+] 2 users Like zoltan's post
25-03-2017, 05:48 AM
(24-03-2017 04:08 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 09:51 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > One can only wonder at how many customers will no longer shop at Amazon due to being banned from the forums. Consider

I haven't been banned (yet), but have resolved to no longer buy anything from Amazon.
It's their site, they can do what they want with it and I am not required to add to their coffers.

> You should send them a polite letter, stating that fact, just so that they know that their unfair and foolish actions are proving to be bad for business.
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post