Hi! Yet Anther Amazon Refugee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2017, 10:24 PM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2017 10:31 PM by Full Circle.)
RE: Hi! Yet Anther Amazon Refugee
(26-03-2017 11:21 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(25-03-2017 05:42 AM)zoltan Wrote:  I could invite Macheath/etc. over here. On the other hand, people here at The Thinking Atheist have had to deal with Mabus. Any and all Amazon trolls are going to seem like junk food compared to that one. That and I forgot that I'm banned at Amazon too!

new rulership for SCOFFING BOURGEOIS ATHEIST PIGLETS!
knock knock
new rulership for ATHEIST SACKS OF SH&T - traitors to the human race

Holy mother of Mabus Batman! This guy was before my time here.
The worst I’ve experienced was Wicked Clown and his stalking people of the forum irl.
We also had those two pedophiles...yech.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
27-03-2017, 05:07 AM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2017 06:27 AM by zoltan.)
How messed up is Amazon?

Last August, in the run-up to the presidential election, some lowlife started a thread in the politics forum called 'Hillary the Toxic*nt' (spelled in full). The thread should have been vanished immediately, in compliance with Amazon's posting guidelines. It was not. Despite forum monitors being informed of the situation, the thread persisted until at least the end of the year.

In the meantime, posts which called into question the use of such language and apparently besmirched the fine, upstanding character of the original poster were removed by forum mods.

If anyone doubts that Amazon's mods are inclined to act on ideology rather than enforce Amazon's stated posting guidelines (https://www.amazon.com/gp/forum/content/...cd_et_d_gl ), this example might set that doubt to rest.

There is some mention of this in the comments section of the Huffington Post article I linked to but the link to the Amazon thread itself now understandably leads to a dead end.

eta: Well, look what a search turned up! https://www.amazon.com/forum/politics/re...5MUUA9IMAN

https://www.amazon.com/forum/amazon%20di...FC7QCXEBEP

And Amazon is stil banning posters for 'spiteful' language!

"I wouldn't have had I been able."--- Anon
[+] 4 users Like zoltan's post
27-03-2017, 07:38 AM
(26-03-2017 10:24 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(26-03-2017 11:21 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  new rulership for SCOFFING BOURGEOIS ATHEIST PIGLETS!
knock knock
new rulership for ATHEIST SACKS OF SH&T - traitors to the human race

Holy mother of Mabus Batman! This guy was before my time here.
The worst I’ve experienced was Wicked Clown and his stalking people of the forum irl.
We also had those two pedophiles...yech.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...treatment/

[+] 2 users Like zoltan's post
27-03-2017, 11:12 AM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2017 11:31 AM by Thoreauvian.)
(27-03-2017 05:07 AM)zoltan Wrote:  And Amazon is stil banning posters for 'spiteful' language!

Amazon's unwritten policy seemed to be that lying about your opponents was permissible in discussions, given the tactics of the theists against the atheists over so many years.
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
29-03-2017, 10:34 AM
"The War on Breitbart Now Goes Through Amazon A group of anonymous marketers is convincing big companies to blacklist Breitbart in their digital ad buys—but their pleas to Amazon are falling on deaf ears."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...itter_page

[+] 1 user Likes zoltan's post
29-03-2017, 03:31 PM
Everyone's pleas to Amazon fall on deaf ears.
[+] 2 users Like Mary L. Mand's post
30-03-2017, 01:06 AM
Welcome. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Lucipurr's post
04-04-2017, 06:35 PM
(25-03-2017 07:12 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  
(25-03-2017 05:48 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > You should send them a polite letter, stating that fact, just so that they know that their unfair and foolish actions are proving to be bad for business.

I will, Gwaith. Good idea.

Me too. I've made a couple purchases per month there, for the past several years. But not last month. And not, I think, this one, either.

Most of the weird shit I bought there could have been had directly from the individual vendors, anyway. It was just convenient using Mamazon, since I was logged in almost every day. But now... I'm not.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post
04-04-2017, 07:12 PM
(30-03-2017 01:06 AM)Lucipurr Wrote:  Welcome. Smile

Thank you. Are you owned by a cat?