Hi all

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2016, 08:07 PM
Hi all
So follow the recent somewhat messy bullshit at AF.org, I've decided to come and grace your presence for a while! Perhaps permanently, we'll see.

[Image: aractus-01-09-2016.jpg]
Recent pic from September before shaving my beard.

So a bit about me - I've almost graduated my degree in Public Health now, and I'm 33. I have a strong interest in all things to do with health. And well, you'll get to know me better through interaction.

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Aractus's post
11-11-2016, 09:43 PM
RE: Hi all
(11-11-2016 08:07 PM)Aractus Wrote:  So follow the recent somewhat messy bullshit at AF.org, I've decided to come and grace your presence for a while! Perhaps permanently, we'll see.

[Image: aractus-01-09-2016.jpg]
Recent pic from September before shaving my beard.

So a bit about me - I've almost graduated my degree in Public Health now, and I'm 33. I have a strong interest in all things to do with health. And well, you'll get to know me better through interaction.

Wecome to TTA. What was the drama at AF? I haven't been there recently.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
11-11-2016, 09:51 PM
G'day matey, and welcome to the forum. Smile

(Obviously a Doctor Who fan hehe.)

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
11-11-2016, 09:58 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2016 10:02 PM by Aractus.)
(11-11-2016 09:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  Wecome to TTA. What was the drama at AF? I haven't been there recently.

Yes I kind of remember you Chas. I'm not going to discuss the AF nonsense on the forum. But I will say that I received a number of nice messages from people I didn't expect when I said I was going.

My Blog
11-11-2016, 10:06 PM
Hi, Aractus! Good. I've been trying very hard to explain the "Just because I'm not a believer that Jesus of the Bible existed as-written doesn't make me a Mythicist" position, here. Not recently, but it does crop up from time to time. Could use your input. Smile

Welcome to TTA. Sorry about the drama at AF, but as I too left AF to come here, I totally understand.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
11-11-2016, 10:12 PM
Welcome!
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
11-11-2016, 10:38 PM
Hello! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
11-11-2016, 10:45 PM
(11-11-2016 10:06 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Hi, Aractus! Good. I've been trying very hard to explain the "Just because I'm not a believer that Jesus of the Bible existed as-written doesn't make me a Mythicist" position, here. Not recently, but it does crop up from time to time. Could use your input. Smile

Welcome to TTA. Sorry about the drama at AF, but as I too left AF to come here, I totally understand.

Ah yes, well as I've learned Richard Carrier is the only Mychicist even worth taking seriously, but in a nutshell I'd point out that the Epistle of James is most likely written before the gospel of Matthew and has at least 17 or so direct references to the SotM. That I think is the strongest evidence for the historicity of Jesus as it has extensive teachings of Jesus used in an Epistle before any of the Gospels were written. If James learned about the teachings from "Q" or the gospel of Matthew he could have and would have drawn from other teachings, yet almost everything he knows is contained within the SotM.

My Blog
[+] 2 users Like Aractus's post
11-11-2016, 10:50 PM
Welcome !

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
12-11-2016, 02:26 AM
Hey Aractus, it's Bella.

Nice to see you over here too.
[+] 2 users Like Lucipurr's post