Hi all!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2012, 05:36 PM
RE: Hi all!
(19-02-2012 10:09 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Sup Rook? Glad you made your way here. I've been in many an awkward discussion, all the while thinking myself very sane for talking to The Voice in my head while accusing the Steve's of the world for being bat-shit crazy. Eventually, like many of us, you'll get the Evangelical stink washed off ya. But then there's morondog's stench you'll have to watch out for. Big Grin

That's what finally did me in, when I realized I was *trying extremely hard* to listen to voices inside my head. One day I was all "The Voice couldn't have said THAT..." and then I was all "Shit....The Voice is ME."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes rook2004's post
19-02-2012, 05:39 PM
(19-02-2012 10:09 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Sup Rook? Glad you made your way here. I've been in many an awkward discussion, all the while thinking myself very sane for talking to The Voice in my head while accusing the Steve's of the world for being bat-shit crazy. Eventually, like many of us, you'll get the Evangelical stink washed off ya. But then there's morondog's stench you'll have to watch out for. Big Grin

Grrr! I didn't notice your sneaky little insult there. I'll get you pastor Erx. Better watch your back.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
19-02-2012, 05:53 PM
(19-02-2012 05:36 PM)rook2004 Wrote:  That's what finally did me in, when I realized I was *trying extremely hard* to listen to voices inside my head. One day I was all "The Voice couldn't have said THAT..." and then I was all "Shit....The Voice is ME."

Can anyone remember who said sometihing like "I found out I was God when one day I was praying and realised that I was talking to myself!"
19-02-2012, 06:00 PM
(19-02-2012 05:53 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Can anyone remember who said sometihing like "I found out I was God when one day I was praying and realised that I was talking to myself!"

Common sense doesn't require attribution. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
19-02-2012, 06:27 PM
(19-02-2012 06:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-02-2012 05:53 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Can anyone remember who said sometihing like "I found out I was God when one day I was praying and realised that I was talking to myself!"

It's from a satirical play by British writer Peter Barnes called The Ruling Class, which tells the story of a paranoid schizophrenic British nobleman who inherits a "title".

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
19-02-2012, 07:07 PM
(19-02-2012 06:27 PM)kim Wrote:  

It's from a satirical play by British writer Peter Barnes called The Ruling Class, which tells the story of a paranoid schizophrenic British nobleman who inherits a "title".

Now you've gone and spoiled it for me, kim. Sad

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
19-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Hi Rook2004,

Interesting post. Must've been interesting to see christians furiously trying to trip up the 'crazy person' whilst maintaining their own religious composure Big Grin

Anyway, welcome

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
19-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Welcome!

We have some pretty good discussions in the Atheism and Theism forum, so I would suggest checking that out first.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
19-02-2012, 10:17 PM
(19-02-2012 07:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-02-2012 06:27 PM)kim Wrote:  

Now you've gone and spoiled it for me, kim. Sad

I didn't tell you the good parts. Sheesh. Dodgy

They made it into a movie with Peter O'Toole - overshadowed that year by The Godfather. It's a cult film... Peter O'Toole was incredible in the 1970s! Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
19-02-2012, 10:29 PM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2012 10:30 PM by rook2004.)
(19-02-2012 09:48 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  Hi Rook2004,

Interesting post. Must've been interesting to see christians furiously trying to trip up the 'crazy person' whilst maintaining their own religious composure Big Grin

Anyway, welcome

Yeah, you have to start diving deep into nuance to refute invisible aliens speaking directly into one's mind when you believe in an invisible Jew who inhabits one's emotions.
(19-02-2012 10:05 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  We have some pretty good discussions in the Atheism and Theism forum, so I would suggest checking that out first.

I'm all over that shit. Smile Well on my way to making an ass of myself.