Hi all - from Lion IRC

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2013, 11:42 AM
RE: Hi all - from Lion IRC
(15-01-2013 11:39 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(15-01-2013 11:34 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  He made his intro topic after making a splash in a previous topic.
I know. I saw it.

Everyone so inclined should go beat him up there; Intro threads seem a bad place for it.

Hasn't anyone ever caught a fish? You bait the hook, lure the fish in, entice the fish, one quick little jerk to set the hook, then reel him in, slow, don't want to snag or break the line and let him get away, and then, only after he's in the boat (or on land), only then do you club him to death.
That's only if you want to keep the fish, though.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Welcome to TTA, Lion.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
15-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Welcome aboard. Smile

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
15-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Welcome to TTA forums.
15-01-2013, 04:55 PM
(15-01-2013 11:34 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(15-01-2013 11:03 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Why all the hostility here in an introduction thread? Sheesh, let the guy get his feet wet before you dunk him.

Welcome to the forums, Lion - we're not all a bunch of drooling theist-hungry bible-bashers waiting to pounce on you the second you join the forums.
He made his intro topic after making a splash in a previous topic.

This was my very first post here at The Thinking Atheist forum.

(13-01-2013 06:59 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  Hi all. Smile

I made that post in a thread which I thought would welcome more new theists.

My second post was this intro thread. So it's not like I waited days and days. And I thought my intro thread post was pretty friendly. Undecided

BUt it's OK. I realise not everyone cant compartmentalize/quarantine threads as clearly as the topics suggest. (Hence my point about preemtive ad homs.)

Apologies to earmuffs for saying "Hello from Lion IRC". That gets a lot of atheists annoyed for some reason.
15-01-2013, 05:07 PM
Yeah... well, you can see that people are neutral and welcoming to you, but soon their demeanor changed after reading the other topic.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
15-01-2013, 05:11 PM
I don't know what happened in the other threads and for now I don't care. This isn't aimed at anyone in particular. Can we please keep bickering out of the intros. Imagine joining a forum and seeing this.

Take it to the other threads.
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
15-01-2013, 05:19 PM
(15-01-2013 04:55 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  
(15-01-2013 11:34 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  He made his intro topic after making a splash in a previous topic.

This was my very first post here at The Thinking Atheist forum.

(13-01-2013 06:59 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  Hi all. Smile

I made that post in a thread which I thought would welcome more new theists.

My second post was this intro thread. So it's not like I waited days and days. And I thought my intro thread post was pretty friendly. Undecided

BUt it's OK. I realise not everyone cant compartmentalize/quarantine threads as clearly as the topics suggest. (Hence my point about preemtive ad homs.)

Apologies to earmuffs for saying "Hello from Lion IRC". That gets a lot of atheists annoyed for some reason.
Your intro thread was friendly. So was my response, included within some constructive criticism. If this is a way to get people to take your side in a guilt trip, well be my guest. Just remember, you accused me of saying you have the IQ of a 5 year old, calling you a pretentious ass and troll. I said it seemed like you didn't know what a debate consists of. I stuck by KC when it came to his analysis of you because it's accurate, and has nothing to do with the definition of an ad hominem because that is only applicable during a debate, which further proves what I had said earlier within my constructive criticism. Your clusterfucking the thread and ignoring an invite to the boxing ring thread A2 made for you got you this response. You may not have asked for it, but you definitely got it.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
15-01-2013, 06:13 PM
(13-01-2013 07:22 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  Hi all,
Me - Biblical theist, .au, happily married since 1985, love friendly AvT chat, been visiting online fora for several years.
Looking forward to getting to know new people here.
Smile

Howdy Lion, 1985 is when I got married as well. She got to choose the Church, I got to choose the date. The Ides of March felt fitting. Evil_monster

What's a Biblical theist? A non-denominational Christian?

Breathing - it's more art than science.
16-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Ides of March. lol

I use the term biblical theist because it's more generic and describes the Big Tent pretty well.
I'm catholic in the universal sense of the word, not specifically the Roman type.

Not sure if I'm post-denominational. Yes, I suppose I am.
I wouldnt be comfortable in any Church where Jesus wasnt Lord and Saviour