Hi... am I the only theist here....?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2014, 03:44 AM
RE: Hi... am I the only theist here....?
(29-07-2014 03:33 AM)DLJ Wrote:  It's always good to get different perspectives that might challenge our lack of belief.

I dispute that Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2014, 03:55 AM
(29-07-2014 03:44 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 03:33 AM)DLJ Wrote:  It's always good to get different perspectives that might challenge our lack of belief.

I dispute that Tongue

Fair point.

OK, edit: "challenge my lack of belief."

29-07-2014, 03:59 AM
(29-07-2014 03:55 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 03:44 AM)morondog Wrote:  I dispute that Tongue

Fair point.

OK, edit: "challenge my lack of belief."

Rolleyes Tongue

Bechased

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
29-07-2014, 04:42 AM
Welcome aboard fellow INTJ. There are a few of us here and there are some Xians too. Those that come to preach, proselytize or berate get pretty much what they deserve.

If you really are here for honest discussion I think you'll enjoy your time in our little asylum...I mean forum. I always seem to get those two terms confused. Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 5 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
29-07-2014, 06:55 AM
Well I am not a Theist but everyone thinks I am. I guess it depends how you define theist.

I do not believe in a personal god of any kind. I do not believe that there is anything that could be called supernatural. I do not believe in any religion and I have no religion of my own. Though I do practice Buddhism which is basically an Atheist Philosophy.

I do not believe that Jesus is the son of/God (Sun God?) I do not believe that any holy book is anything but man made superstition to control the masses.

But I have been told on here that I am theist. And I guess we are all just supposed to do what we are told right? Wait that's religion. And Atheism isn't a religion right?

So maybe I imagined the whole thing. Just remember that all the Atheists on this board are real nice to people who think differently on this board and they will never twist your words or mock you because they are so open to other ideas ... and you will do just fine

Bowing

The combination of hypocrisy and closed mindedness along with substituting manipulation for reasoning can bring out hostility in me. Facepalm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-07-2014, 07:20 AM
(29-07-2014 06:55 AM)thespiritualanarchist Wrote:  Well I am not a Theist but everyone thinks I am. I guess it depends how you define theist.

I do not believe in a personal god of any kind. I do not believe that there is anything that could be called supernatural. I do not believe in any religion and I have no religion of my own. Though I do practice Buddhism which is basically an Atheist Philosophy.

I do not believe that Jesus is the son of/God (Sun God?) I do not believe that any holy book is anything but man made superstition to control the masses.

But I have been told on here that I am theist. And I guess we are all just supposed to do what we are told right? Wait that's religion. And Atheism isn't a religion right?

So maybe I imagined the whole thing. Just remember that all the Atheists on this board are real nice to people who think differently on this board and they will never twist your words or mock you because they are so open to other ideas ... and you will do just fine

Bowing

Big Grin ^^ Welcome to Butthurtsville. Population: You.

[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
29-07-2014, 07:22 AM
Hey and welcome.

Glad to have another theist around... hopefully, you won't be a retard... for some reason, 95% of the theists that come here couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

TTA is accepting and open to theists that show respect.

Like others have mentioned, TTA trusts me enough to be an administrator without giving regard to my beliefs.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
29-07-2014, 08:18 AM
(29-07-2014 07:22 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  TTA trusts me ...

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 7 users Like GirlyMan's post
29-07-2014, 08:22 AM
(29-07-2014 08:18 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 07:22 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  TTA trusts me ...

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I do trust him. Well sort of. I would not let him prepare dinner for me because who knows what kind of road kill or bizarre food item he'd place on your plate. Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
29-07-2014, 10:41 AM
(29-07-2014 07:22 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Like others have mentioned, TTA trusts me enough to be an administrator without giving regard to my beliefs.

Uh... who says we trust you? We're just too fucking lazy to do it ourselves. Wink

Nah, we love Kingsy; aside from his massive degree of cognitive dissonance concerning his own theistic belief, he has experienced the hypocrisy of religion, similar to many here. Mainly, he is able to reason logically; this is what paints us all a similar hue of insanity. Angel

So Addai, lots of information to be explored here. This is a global community, so the perspective is all over the place. I know you'll find many interesting conversations going on - don't hesitate to join in.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post