Hi... am I the only theist here....?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2014, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2014 08:26 PM by Anjele.)
RE: Hi... am I the only theist here....?
Welcome - everyone is pretty much welcome here as long as they aren't complete jerks, though many of those make the cut too.

Theists who don't preach and aren't here on a mission to convert but rather the desire to interact are always welcome.

Just remember that everything is Kings' fault and if you hang around long enough you may be the fallback position for any and all blame. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
29-07-2014, 05:03 PM
(28-07-2014 10:03 PM)Addai Wrote:  Hello I'm a Christian theist. I've had some good conversations with atheists and agnostics in the past, and hopefully will have more on this site. I'm not looking to convert anybody, nor am I looking to be converted. Sometimes though I see things that I think are unfair so I might speak up about that from time to time.

There's been a few famous atheists that I've liked or been influential in my life. At the top of the List would be Albert Ellis of Rational Emotive Therapy fame... I was a fan of some of Christopher Hitchens socio-political commentary and I also get a kick out of Penn Jillette.

And for you that are into personality tests and theories, I am a strong INTJ on the Myers-Briggs.

Welcome, it's always good to see theists sign up and I hope you hang around.

I won't over sugar coat things, there are a few people here believe we shouldn't welcome theists, there are also a few who believe any theist doesn't immediately deconvert when entering a debate with them is a troll/retard. In general though, the majority of us are welcoming people and not judgmental cunts who spend all day complaining about being judged for their views but then come here and judge others in the exact same way.

Anyways, like I said, welcome to TTA. Smile

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
29-07-2014, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2014 06:08 PM by Addai.)
(29-07-2014 05:03 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(28-07-2014 10:03 PM)Addai Wrote:  Hello I'm a Christian theist. I've had some good conversations with atheists and agnostics in the past, and hopefully will have more on this site. I'm not looking to convert anybody, nor am I looking to be converted. Sometimes though I see things that I think are unfair so I might speak up about that from time to time.

There's been a few famous atheists that I've liked or been influential in my life. At the top of the List would be Albert Ellis of Rational Emotive Therapy fame... I was a fan of some of Christopher Hitchens socio-political commentary and I also get a kick out of Penn Jillette.

And for you that are into personality tests and theories, I am a strong INTJ on the Myers-Briggs.

Welcome, it's always good to see theists sign up and I hope you hang around.

I won't over sugar coat things, there are a few people here believe we shouldn't welcome theists, there are also a few who believe any theist doesn't immediately deconvert when entering a debate with them is a troll/retard. In general though, the majority of us are welcoming people and not judgmental cunts who spend all day complaining about being judged for their views but then come here and judge others in the exact same way.

Anyways, like I said, welcome to TTA. Smile

Thanks Hughsie

I'm really glad you mentioned that sort of thing. It really brings up a personal gripe of mine.

Years ago I was also looking at atheist forums. I was actually kind of interested in Dawkin's Blog and came close to joining. I liked some of the topics and stuff about it. But what basically stopped me at the time was the overt hostile atmosphere.

I mean I've read plenty of atheist stuff, and some of them would pretty much accuse us Christians of cornering the market on Logical Fallacies etc. But boy in the times I went there, reading the post responses it just seemed like there were stereotypes, ad hominens, strawmen and all other kinds of things galore, not to mention that some of atheists there seemed to act like groupies of Dickie D which I thought was kind of amusing. i.e. they seemed to have an image of us theists as being like Flat Earthers or Neanderthals etc. But I was not impressed by them at all. e.g. When the Expelled movie came out, and "Dick to the Doc" promotional video came out, they did not recognize it as an obvious parody it was until days later.... They really loved it initially as a pro atheist vid...

Anyway thanks for the welcome.
29-07-2014, 08:24 PM
(29-07-2014 04:51 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Welcome - everyone is pretty much welcome here as long as they are complete jerks, though many of those make the cut too.

?
Doc
29-07-2014, 08:25 PM
(29-07-2014 08:24 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 04:51 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Welcome - everyone is pretty much welcome here as long as they are complete jerks, though many of those make the cut too.

?
Doc

Oops - typo - aren't...my bad.

Is Vosur on holiday?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
29-07-2014, 08:29 PM
Welcome, Addai!! Hope you enjoy your time here Big Grin

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
29-07-2014, 08:35 PM
(29-07-2014 08:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 08:24 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  ?
Doc

Oops - typo - aren't...my bad.

Is Vosur on holiday?

I thought it was a political statement. Tongue
29-07-2014, 10:37 PM
Here is your welcome Stallman. Drinking Beverage
[Image: richard_stallman1.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-07-2014, 05:32 AM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2014 05:43 AM by Shadow Fox.)
We get lots of theists here.

Welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix7vrluEm4E

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
11-08-2014, 11:48 AM
Welcome!

(29-07-2014 12:25 PM)Addai Wrote:  And posted a little on the Worthy Christian Forum, but I never quite bonded there. I think those people are mostly too Fundamentalistically inclined and not really philosophically inclined as most people I tend to hang out with.

Yeah, I got a bit of a soft ban, there. I'm not banned, technically, but I'm not allowed to post. My problem, apparently, was I was too polite. The mods couldn't ban me for anything I did, but made it clear that polite nonbelievers were more dangerous than rude ones. So, they started to get creative with their terms of service so they could take action.