Hi... am I the only theist here....?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2014, 12:44 PM
RE: Hi... am I the only theist here....?
(11-08-2014 11:48 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Welcome!

(29-07-2014 12:25 PM)Addai Wrote:  And posted a little on the Worthy Christian Forum, but I never quite bonded there. I think those people are mostly too Fundamentalistically inclined and not really philosophically inclined as most people I tend to hang out with.

Yeah, I got a bit of a soft ban, there. I'm not banned, technically, but I'm not allowed to post. My problem, apparently, was I was too polite. The mods couldn't ban me for anything I did, but made it clear that polite nonbelievers were more dangerous than rude ones. So, they started to get creative with their terms of service so they could take action.

I find that hilarious. I imagined them in a room going over the TOS just for you.

Btw, Welcome, Addai
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Zippo's post
11-08-2014, 01:52 PM
Welcome! I look forward to your future posts! Smile

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."- Albert Einstein.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Steven Hawking
13-08-2014, 05:47 PM
(29-07-2014 08:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 08:24 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  ?
Doc

Oops - typo - aren't...my bad.

Is Vosur on holiday?

I liked it better with the typo. Big Grin

#sigh
14-08-2014, 06:47 AM
(29-07-2014 10:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Here is your welcome Stallman. Drinking Beverage
[Image: richard_stallman1.jpg]

No image of Stallman is completed without reference to "Why cooperation with RMS is impossible".

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
14-08-2014, 07:09 AM
Howdy.
Who are your fav Christian writers ?
Ever read Paul Tillich ? BB Scott ? James Robinson ? Rudolph Bultman ?
Martin Buber (a Jew) ? JD Crossan ? Others from the Jesus Seminar ?

If you say WLC I'm a gonna barf.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
14-08-2014, 07:10 AM
(13-08-2014 05:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 08:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Oops - typo - aren't...my bad.

Is Vosur on holiday?

I liked it better with the typo. Big Grin

I'd like it better with a hypo.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
14-08-2014, 07:58 AM
(14-08-2014 07:10 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(13-08-2014 05:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I liked it better with the typo. Big Grin

I'd like it better with a hypo.

I lick it better with a spoon.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
14-08-2014, 08:07 AM
I love it when theists say "I am not here to convert anyone." We know that for some. Others do say that but don't mean it. Does not matter to me either way.

What matters is that the theists has a belief in a non material cognitive being which they have absolutely no evidence for.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-08-2014, 08:10 AM
(14-08-2014 08:07 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I love it when theists say "I am not here to convert anyone."

I can happen. Kestrel (MIA?) and I are testaments to this.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
14-08-2014, 08:40 AM
(14-08-2014 08:10 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(14-08-2014 08:07 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I love it when theists say "I am not here to convert anyone."

I can happen. Kestrel (MIA?) and I are testaments to this.

Humans switch positions from one religion to another, or from god belief to atheist, and from atheist to god belief, yes.

However, the atheists I know that are deeply educated as to both sides of an argument, a like scientists at the top of their fields have proven climate change and evolution, are highly unlikely to regress back into theism.

The ones I have heard claimed to have been former atheists, are more laypeople who simply stopped at "it doesn't make sense" , or think "atheist" is a rebellion against a particular god, or switch back because they stupidly pick a group, like theists do, because they see the other as "too angry" to want to be a part of.

I certainly cannot say what I will believe 20 years from now, but in my lucid state with no brain injury or mental health issues, or brain illness in decay, I cannot see myself changing positions. There is no such thing as an invisible sky hero.

I would highly suspect that someone claiming to be a former atheist did so for the wrong reasons.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user