Hi... am I the only theist here....?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2014, 08:46 AM
RE: Hi... am I the only theist here....?
(14-08-2014 08:40 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(14-08-2014 08:10 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I can happen. Kestrel (MIA?) and I are testaments to this.

Humans switch positions from one religion to another, or from god belief to atheist, and from atheist to god belief, yes.

However, the atheists I know that are deeply educated as to both sides of an argument, a like scientists at the top of their fields have proven climate change and evolution, are highly unlikely to regress back into theism.

The ones I have heard claimed to have been former atheists, are more laypeople who simply stopped at "it doesn't make sense" , or think "atheist" is a rebellion against a particular god, or switch back because they stupidly pick a group, like theists do, because they see the other as "too angry" to want to be a part of.

I certainly cannot say what I will believe 20 years from now, but in my lucid state with no brain injury or mental health issues, or brain illness in decay, I cannot see myself changing positions. There is no such thing as an invisible sky hero.

I would highly suspect that someone claiming to be a former atheist did so for the wrong reasons.

Not sure how that relates to what I said, but okay.

Christians can be highly educated on both sides of the coin as well (I am) and can make rational and informed decision on which path to choose regardless of the stimuli surround them that is associate with the case in point.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2014, 09:44 AM
I suppose it is a bit odd for me to say 'welcome' when I am so new. But nonetheless, welcome. Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Michael Colton's post
14-08-2014, 11:45 AM
(14-08-2014 08:10 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(14-08-2014 08:07 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I love it when theists say "I am not here to convert anyone."

I can happen. Kestrel (MIA?) and I are testaments to this.

Are you an Old Testament, or a Semi-reinvigorated Testament ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
14-08-2014, 12:09 PM
(14-08-2014 11:45 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(14-08-2014 08:10 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I can happen. Kestrel (MIA?) and I are testaments to this.

Are you an Old Testament, or a Semi-reinvigorated Testament ?

More of like a "Book of Enoch" type-ish testament: Not quite accepted by the general public but having enough integrity to have credence.

14-08-2014, 12:38 PM
(14-08-2014 12:09 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(14-08-2014 11:45 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Are you an Old Testament, or a Semi-reinvigorated Testament ?

More of like a "Book of Enoch" type-ish testament: Not quite accepted by the general public but having enough integrity to have credence.

I need to get the Book of Enoch, and see what I shall see in it. Smartass

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
14-08-2014, 12:40 PM
(14-08-2014 12:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(14-08-2014 12:09 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  More of like a "Book of Enoch" type-ish testament: Not quite accepted by the general public but having enough integrity to have credence.

I need to get the Book of Enoch, and see what I shall see in it. Smartass

It's a fun read. Very, very cool.