Hi everyone!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2015, 10:01 PM
RE: Hi everyone!!!!
(07-07-2015 08:45 PM)Mike0190 Wrote:  Hi everyone!

I'm Mike, 25 and currently living in Houston, TX. I have been an atheist for a little over a year now and I come from a very religious background. I was a very devout believer for many many years and in 2012 considered going to seminary. It was in preparing for seminary that I finally realized the fatal flaws of my beliefs which started a long intellectual search for the truth which lead me to atheism and ultimantly to this forum! lol
I plan to be a pretty active member so i would love to meet other active members and especially anyone in the Houston area! I could always use more rational, logical friends down here in Houston. We seem to have a pretty big religious population as all the other cities in America do haha. They just seem to be extra absurd down here in the south lol.

Sounds similar to Matt Dillahunty's deconversion. His study of the bible lead to his atheism.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2015, 10:03 PM
Sorry I'm late, welcome Smile if you didn't say "Houston we have a problem" when you started to doubt then I will be real sad Laugh out load

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
11-07-2015, 10:40 PM
Welcome!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi