Hi everyone

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2010, 04:10 AM

Hi everyone
I'm Dave, atheist, agnostic for the benefit of absolute honesty. I'm 26, male, from australia (that backward country that promotes the concept of luck), and I'm taking a deferral from studying applied social science. I have a slight case of autism. I'm very wordy and sometimes break social rules, if/when I do please let me know if I've been offensive because the chances are I didn't mean to.
I've been a member at atheistforums.org for around a year but haven't visited there for around 8 months due to schooling and my recent diagnosis of Asperger's Syndrome. I stopped in there over the last couple of days and came across a video that originated from this site, I liked it and this site so I decided to sign up.
I'd like to learn more about theistic argument because I find the points which arise interesting and educational.

Dave.
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2010, 04:18 AM
RE: Hi everyone
Hey, welcome to TTAF! I've been wondering where the Aussies were hiding! Smile I'm Levi, and I guess I joined about a month or so ago. I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here; we've got a great community and lots of interesting topics to jump into! I hope you benefit from your stay here and I can't wait to hear your input in discussions! Big Grin

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2010, 08:41 AM
Welcome! This site is mostly just atheists, so there's not too much actual debating going on, but if you do encounter a theistic argument and are not sure how to assess it, people here are very helpful with that. And while there isn't a whole of debating about god, we do have very good conversations about other topics, often religion related. Anyway, hope you enjoy it here.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
05-09-2010, 03:06 PM
Hi Trustworthy

I spent two months in Sydney a little over a decade ago. Wonderful city, many wonderful people. I made lots of friends and had a good time. I am Canadian. I notice Auzzies and Canucks uaually get along very well with each other. I found it very comforting to know that I can go to the opposite end of the world and communicate with people just as well as I could communicate with people in my own city. G-Day and good-on-ya.
Find all posts by this user
05-09-2010, 11:48 PM

Welcome! Thanks for being open up front. I think you'll like this forum. I'm new too, and everyone's been very welcoming.
06-09-2010, 02:35 AM

Hi LeviTimes, ashley.hunt60, No J., and athnostic; Thank you for making me welcome here.