Hi, everyone! Rebecca Ripple here.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2014, 03:06 PM
Wink Hi, everyone! Rebecca Ripple here.
Hi, everyone!

I'm Rebecca, a 28-year-old writer living in Massachusetts. I was raised in a reformed Jewish household, but I've been an atheist since I was in high school, with one brief exception back in 2008, when I took a few months' break and believed in the Baptist version of Christianity. That period of faith was over before 2008 was. Heh. Smile

I adore Seth Andrews' videos on YouTube, and though I can't usually keep my ears open for a podcast, I especially love his speeches from the FreeOK 2011 and 2013 conventions. I have them downloaded on my computer. Big Grin

I have Nonverbal Learning Disability (NLD), which is a mild form of autism. I love science, and I like to talk with other atheists about our understanding of history, the sciences, and the psychology of faith vs. doubt. Many of my friends believe in God in one way or another, but while they all know I'm an atheist, I don't feel as comfortable talking to them about atheism and religion. That, along with my admiration of Seth Andrews as a person and as a video producer, is why I joined this website.

One thing I simply must mention in this intro post is that I love animals, especially cats. Attached is a (very blurry, sorry!) photo I took of my little girl, Selena, who passed away last October, three days before my birthday. It is so quiet here without her. I miss her so much! :'( Feb. 1996 - Oct. 21, 2013 <3

I can't think of any more to say at the moment, but I hope you all have a great day.

Type at ya later,
Rebecca

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Rebecca Ripple's post
10-01-2014, 03:17 PM
RE: Hi, everyone! Rebecca Ripple here.
Hi and welcome.

You will get along very well with Tartarus Sauce.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
10-01-2014, 03:22 PM
(10-01-2014 03:17 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Hi and welcome.

And with me!!!!!

Welcome to the forum!

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
[+] 2 users Like djkamilo's post
10-01-2014, 03:58 PM
(10-01-2014 03:22 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  
(10-01-2014 03:17 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Hi and welcome.

And with me!!!!!

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you both for the welcome! I'll have to look for this Tartarus Sauce, by the way. Smile
10-01-2014, 05:12 PM
Guten Abend!

A JEW!!!!! Hello and welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meeting a jewish person is always something special for me, since we dont have many of them arround here anymore.

[Image: the_real_isis_flag_200.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like The Germans are coming's post
10-01-2014, 05:14 PM
Me love puddy tats.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Brian37's post
10-01-2014, 05:16 PM
(10-01-2014 05:12 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Guten Abend!

A JEW!!!!! Hello and welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meeting a jewish person is always something special for me, since we dont have many of them arround here anymore.

Jews? Who lets Jews in here? What's next Muslims? Atheists? What ever happened to good old fashioned white Christian bigotry?

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-01-2014, 05:29 PM
welcome!!!!

I recently said goodbye to our dog of 11 years, I completely understand how much they are missed. Many members here have pets that we love.

jump right into the threads and make yourself at home.

Be excellent to each other and party on, Dudes!
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
10-01-2014, 05:38 PM
(10-01-2014 03:06 PM)Rebecca Ripple Wrote:  Hi, everyone!

I'm Rebecca, a 28-year-old writer living in Massachusetts. I was raised in a reformed Jewish household, but I've been an atheist since I was in high school, with one brief exception back in 2008, when I took a few months' break and believed in the Baptist version of Christianity. That period of faith was over before 2008 was. Heh. Smile

I adore Seth Andrews' videos on YouTube, and though I can't usually keep my ears open for a podcast, I especially love his speeches from the FreeOK 2011 and 2013 conventions. I have them downloaded on my computer. Big Grin

I have Nonverbal Learning Disability (NLD), which is a mild form of autism. I love science, and I like to talk with other atheists about our understanding of history, the sciences, and the psychology of faith vs. doubt. Many of my friends believe in God in one way or another, but while they all know I'm an atheist, I don't feel as comfortable talking to them about atheism and religion. That, along with my admiration of Seth Andrews as a person and as a video producer, is why I joined this website.

One thing I simply must mention in this intro post is that I love animals, especially cats. Attached is a (very blurry, sorry!) photo I took of my little girl, Selena, who passed away last October, three days before my birthday. It is so quiet here without her. I miss her so much! :'( Feb. 1996 - Oct. 21, 2013 <3

I can't think of any more to say at the moment, but I hope you all have a great day.

Type at ya later,
Rebecca

Welcome Rebecca! Cats are awesome! I have one myself Smile He's my little baby ^_^

"God is a thought who makes crooked all that is straight." - Nietzsche

You can follow/read my blog on religious text and things related at: http://alookatholytext.wordpress.com/
[+] 2 users Like SpaceMonkey's post
10-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Yep... I'm doing it.. You can't stop me... Rolling out the welcome banner!
[Image: aab95e84cc0dc6dea795fb48a7956f00_zpseeb4b6da.jpg]

Fellow cat lover here. So sorry about your loss Hug I can't imagine Sad
And you too bows, I had no idea!! Sad Hug

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy yourself, I know I have! Big Grin
[+] 4 users Like Smercury44's post