Hi from Australia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2017, 08:58 PM
Hi from Australia
Hi and thanks for the opportunity to discuss a couple of my favorite subjects here, atheism and theism.
I won't go into a long story about myself but if you want to know anything, just ask. If looking for a label I consider myself an anti theist as theism is a cancer on humanity.
While an 'atheist' also, I don't like the term as it implies I'm without something that doesn't exist, and is akin to having a term for non pixie believers. Just another little example of the pro theist propaganda that threads its way throughout the English language.
Thanks and we'll catch up
IronChariots

The lord was with the men of Judah. They took possession of the hill country, but were unable to drive the people from the plains, because they had chariots of iron. Judges 1:19
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like IronChariots's post
05-11-2017, 09:00 PM
RE: Hi from Australia
Welcome!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
05-11-2017, 09:07 PM
Welcome, Oi Oi Oi!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
05-11-2017, 09:11 PM
(05-11-2017 09:07 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Welcome, Oi Oi Oi!

Thanks JBee and FC.
FC, not all Aussies are bogans lol

The lord was with the men of Judah. They took possession of the hill country, but were unable to drive the people from the plains, because they had chariots of iron. Judges 1:19
05-11-2017, 09:21 PM
Hello! Big Grin

I can, indeed, vouch that not all Australian's are Bogons.

Some are more akin to 'Skips' than moths.

Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
06-11-2017, 04:07 AM
Welcome! Hope you have a good stay

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
06-11-2017, 04:37 AM
(05-11-2017 08:58 PM)IronChariots Wrote:  Hi and thanks for the opportunity to discuss a couple of my favorite subjects here, atheism and theism.
I won't go into a long story about myself but if you want to know anything, just ask. If looking for a label I consider myself an anti theist as theism is a cancer on humanity.
While an 'atheist' also, I don't like the term as it implies I'm without something that doesn't exist, and is akin to having a term for non pixie believers. Just another little example of the pro theist propaganda that threads its way throughout the English language.
IronChariots
I've never been religious, and for years, if asked, I'd say "I'm not religious enough to call myself an atheist."

Anywho, welcome, and when you're done ironing those chariots can you do some shirts for me? I pay in Speyside.
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
06-11-2017, 04:48 AM
(06-11-2017 04:37 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(05-11-2017 08:58 PM)IronChariots Wrote:  Hi and thanks for the opportunity to discuss a couple of my favorite subjects here, atheism and theism.
IronChariots
I've never been religious, and for years, if asked, I'd say "I'm not religious enough to call myself an atheist."

Anywho, welcome, and when you're done ironing those chariots can you do some shirts for me? I pay in Speyside.

Thanks. You'll have to ask gawd about my work. Last time I brought out the Chariots 'twas gawd that was ironed.
But being Aussie you should know I only work for beer and BBQ prawns Wink

06-11-2017, 04:55 AM
(06-11-2017 04:48 AM)IronChariots Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 04:37 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I've never been religious, and for years, if asked, I'd say "I'm not religious enough to call myself an atheist."

Thanks. You'll have to ask gawd about my work. Last time I brought out the Chariots 'twas gawd that was ironed.

I've had a few Swan's in my time, I was in the Navy.
06-11-2017, 05:06 AM
(06-11-2017 04:55 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 04:48 AM)IronChariots Wrote:  Thanks. You'll have to ask gawd about my work. Last time I brought out the Chariots 'twas gawd that was ironed.

I've had a few Swan's in my time, I was in the Navy.
Can't say I've tired it, Western Australian. I'm on the east coast so like a new yorker drinking a LA beer when surround by so many good ones. At least you didn't say Fosters which is an Australian beer than no Australian drinks. Glad for the large craft beer happenings. Not really a big drinker but a Spayside or two, yes thanks.

Let me know what gawd thinks of my ironing lol