Hi from Germany

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2013, 07:12 AM
Hi from Germany
Hello everyone,
My name is Lolilla, I am 18 and I’m from Germany. All my life I have been Protestant, on paper at least, but recently I have come to the conclusion that the atheist world view is the most logical. On top of that I hate seeing the suffering that religion brings, and the loss of freedom as well! I think the worst religion ever is Islam, as it is more a inhuman ideology. I would hate nothing more than Islam being true!
But anyway, I am still a bit confused because there are some phenomena I cannot explain. So I hope you can help me or tell me your opinion of this for example: http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/mathematical_04.html
Is this just coincidence or is it really something strange or “miraculous”? I cannot judge for myself so I hope you can explain it to me! I would really hate it to mean something but I can’t help finding it fascinating… But enough of me.
Thanks for any opinions!
Greetings, Lolilla
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2013, 07:17 AM
RE: Hi from Germany
Welcome Smile

What in particular do you dislike so much about Islam ?
07-05-2013, 07:20 AM
(07-05-2013 07:17 AM)morondog Wrote:  Welcome Smile

What in particular do you dislike so much about Islam ?

Have you read the Koran? It is just full of hate and racism against "unbelievers".

I just noticed that I postet the thread three times! Sorry, it did not work at the first time so I tried it again but now I see it acutally did work! Ups! Rolleyes
07-05-2013, 08:02 AM
(07-05-2013 07:20 AM)Lolilla Wrote:  I just noticed that I postet the thread three times! Sorry, it did not work at the first time so I tried it again but now I see it acutally did work! Ups! Rolleyes

No stress. Your first post is subject to approval so we can not approve advertising spambots. I locked the other threads. I should be able to delete them but someone seems to have taken away some of my super powers. I noticed I can't fly any more either.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
07-05-2013, 08:23 AM
Welcome Lolilla.

18 years old, I'm guessing, female.

I'm betting that Erxomai will be first to refer to you as Lolita. Smile

Don't take it personally. He's harmless.

I work in many officially Islamic countries. To be honest, most of the people I work with are Mocktail Muslims in the same way that many Europeans are 'census christians' i.e. it's more about culture and tradition than radical enforcement of archaic rules. As long as secular society remains watchful and education levels and affluence continues to increase, I don't think there is too much to worry about.

There is also, amongst Muslims, much more willingness to embrace science and knowledge. There are some, however, who feel the need for backward engineering to be able to prolong the myth that all scientific discoveries have been tucked away somewhere in the Quran all along.

07-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Willkommen an Bord, meine Liebe. Sleepy

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
07-05-2013, 10:49 AM
(07-05-2013 10:47 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Willkommen an Bord, meine Liebe. Sleepy

You just said something sexy to our newest German didn't you ? Don't lie, I can smell it!
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-05-2013, 12:47 PM
Welcome, Lolita! Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
07-05-2013, 02:44 PM
(07-05-2013 10:49 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-05-2013 10:47 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Willkommen an Bord, meine Liebe. Sleepy

You just said something sexy to our newest German didn't you ? Don't lie, I can smell it!

I think you're right... whatever he said... made me feel all funny inside. Blush

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
07-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Welcome aboard, my love Wink