Hi from Virginia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2016, 03:42 PM
Music Hi from Virginia
Hello, all! I'm an agnostic/freethinker who just happens to live in Lynchburg, Virginia, shoutin' distance from Liberty University. I'm culturally Jewish, but don't buy into one iota of Judaism's religious aspects. The music is gorgeous, though. I teach the kids music at Lynchburg's synagogue's religious school. I live in an apartment building for low-income senior citizens, and of the 75 tenants, 74 of them are evangelical Christians. Although this is a HUD-funded building, 99.999 percent of the activities held here are evangelical-Christian -based - i.e. worship services 4 times a week. Drives me nuts! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ryface.gif I'd move if I could, but I don't have any family, and I live on a very small amount of disability. Luckily I have freethinking friends outside of this apartment building, and it makes me very happy that I can reach out to more atheists/agnostics/freethinkers on the Internet. Warm wishes to all of you. Smile
Judy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like jariel's post
27-02-2016, 04:10 PM
RE: Hi from Virginia
(27-02-2016 03:42 PM)jariel Wrote:  Hello, all! I'm an agnostic/freethinker who just happens to live in Lynchburg, Virginia, shoutin' distance from Liberty University. I'm culturally Jewish, but don't buy into one iota of Judaism's religious aspects. The music is gorgeous, though. I teach the kids music at Lynchburg's synagogue's religious school. I live in an apartment building for low-income senior citizens, and of the 75 tenants, 74 of them are evangelical Christians. Although this is a HUD-funded building, 99.999 percent of the activities held here are evangelical-Christian -based - i.e. worship services 4 times a week. Drives me nuts! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ryface.gif I'd move if I could, but I don't have any family, and I live on a very small amount of disability. Luckily I have freethinking friends outside of this apartment building, and it makes me very happy that I can reach out to more atheists/agnostics/freethinkers on the Internet. Warm wishes to all of you. Smile
Judy

Welcome!

Feel free to jump into any conversations that interest you, or create your own!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
27-02-2016, 04:23 PM
Welcome. I'm all out of clever things to say to make newcomers feel uncomfortable.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes TurkeyBurner's post
27-02-2016, 04:28 PM
Judy, Judy, Judy.
Welcome to the insane asylum.
We love it here.... hope you will too.

(My sis is a school admin out there in your fine state).
My sympathy about being so close to Liberty ... now THAT is a nut house.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
27-02-2016, 04:43 PM
Welcome Smile
The freethought community is my escape to the real world, too. Cool
I hope the school kids aren't getting too nosy and asking about your "faith."

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
27-02-2016, 04:44 PM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2016 01:06 AM by GirlyMan.)
Hi from College Park, MD.

[Image: bear_1.gif]

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
27-02-2016, 07:28 PM
Hello!
[+] 1 user Likes carol's post
27-02-2016, 10:14 PM
(27-02-2016 04:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(27-02-2016 03:42 PM)jariel Wrote:  Hello, all! I'm an agnostic/freethinker who just happens to live in Lynchburg, Virginia, shoutin' distance from Liberty University. I'm culturally Jewish, but don't buy into one iota of Judaism's religious aspects. The music is gorgeous, though. I teach the kids music at Lynchburg's synagogue's religious school. I live in an apartment building for low-income senior citizens, and of the 75 tenants, 74 of them are evangelical Christians. Although this is a HUD-funded building, 99.999 percent of the activities held here are evangelical-Christian -based - i.e. worship services 4 times a week. Drives me nuts! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ryface.gif I'd move if I could, but I don't have any family, and I live on a very small amount of disability. Luckily I have freethinking friends outside of this apartment building, and it makes me very happy that I can reach out to more atheists/agnostics/freethinkers on the Internet. Warm wishes to all of you. Smile
Judy

Welcome!

Feel free to jump into any conversations that interest you, or create your own!

Thank you! Smile
Judy
27-02-2016, 10:14 PM
(27-02-2016 04:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Hi from College Park, MD.

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h328...bear_1.gif

Thank you so much! nice to meet you Smile
27-02-2016, 10:15 PM
(27-02-2016 04:23 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  Welcome. I'm all out of clever things to say to make newcomers feel uncomfortable.

Hahaha, I appreciate the welcome Smile