Hi guys *handshakes all around*

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2014, 04:46 AM
RE: Hi guys *handshakes all around*
Hi Junyuan
Thankyou so much Smile

Haha. My username is in tribute to one of the by far greatest artists and vocal legends of all time, Billie Holiday. She was often called Lady Day.
Though of course I always dress like a lady! Tongue

Yeah, Andersen was a great writer. I loved his fairytales as a child and still do. They have a lot of beauty and depth to them and taught about "the old days" to us children of the post-television-invention modern world. And without being simplistic and talking down to children. Definitely a gem in our cultural heritage!

You're Chineese right? I like your wall Tongue (just realized how ignorant I am of classic chineese literature. *puts on to do list*)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes LadyDay's post
21-03-2014, 06:39 AM
Welcome from another newby. I am more of a hug person regardless of gender.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
21-03-2014, 06:46 AM
(21-03-2014 06:39 AM)wazzel Wrote:  Welcome from another newby. I am more of a hug person regardless of gender.

I normally reserve hugs for friends.... So you can have one Big Grin Hug

Thanks for the welcome
21-03-2014, 08:30 AM
(20-03-2014 04:45 PM)LadyDay Wrote:  Hi Miss Suzanne.
Thank you. I'm sure I will. Everyone seems so nice and fun. Haven't spotted a single meanie!
You guys all seem very cool too!

Avoid muffsy then Thumbsup

Welcome Smile

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
21-03-2014, 09:15 AM
(21-03-2014 08:30 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
Thank you. I'm sure I will. Everyone seems so nice and fun. Haven't spotted a single meanie!
You guys all seem very cool too!

Avoid muffsy then Thumbsup

Welcome Smile

I try to reserve judgement until I get to know people, but I shall be sure to treat him with suspicion... Laugh out load
And thanks
[+] 2 users Like LadyDay's post
21-03-2014, 11:02 AM
Thank you. I'm sure I will. Everyone seems so nice and fun.
Haven't spotted a single meanie!
you suck. There,you havre spotted a meanie Tongue

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
21-03-2014, 11:25 AM
(21-03-2014 11:02 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  you suck. There,you havre spotted a meanie Tongue

Sadcryface That was so mean...
I'M GONNA TELL YOUR MOMMY YOU SAID THAT THEN YOU'LL BE IN BIG TROUBLE!

Tongue
21-03-2014, 11:38 AM
(21-03-2014 11:25 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 11:02 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  you suck. There,you have spotted a meanie Tongue

Sadcryface That was so mean...

Tongue

fine! Go run to yo mama before you get hurt Tongue

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
21-03-2014, 11:51 AM
(21-03-2014 11:38 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 11:25 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  Sadcryface That was so mean...

Tongue

fine! Go run to yo mama before you get hurt Tongue

So much meanness from someone with a rainbow My Little Pony as their avatar Tongue
You're not fooling ANYBODY! Hug
[+] 1 user Likes LadyDay's post
21-03-2014, 01:58 PM
Hi Christina!!!! Smile I enjoyed reading what you wrote and you sound like an interesting person. You're from Denmark? Is Denmark generally a religious country as a whole, or is it mainly the community you grew up in and your family members? I'm from good ole southeastern USA where atheism is really not that prevalent. I'm 19 year old female student planning to move to a more liberal state when I have the means to do so. I'm also African American (minority within a minority). I can really relate to your deconversion process. First off, my father is a pastor. When I was a freshman in high school, I was very religious, thought gay people had mental problems, and had all these ridiculous views and etc. In high school I was exposed to more people with different beliefs, sexual orientations, and opinions about life in general. That opened my mind some and at some point I considered how the Christian bible stories don't really make sense, but I didn't really have doubts. I was still very much a believer. Late in my freshman year of high school, one of my church members was killed in a car accident on his way to school. He was only 17. That was the first time I'd ever been exposed to a situation like that and I never quite was able to wrap my head around it. When I was 15, my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer (She is perfectly fine now) and that REALLY hit me hard and scared the hell out of me. I became agnostic-ish about six months after that because the situation forced me to get my head out of the clouds. Then, a family that's close to us's house caved in because a pipe in the ceiling burst but luckily nobody happened to be there at the time. This was really all that it took. I thought about how unfair the world was, why people say "thank the Lord!" when someone is cured from a sickness or survives a car accident, but the same people say "It was their time to go or it's in God's plan" when a young child dies of a terminal illness. It just didn't make sense. I remember when I was around six, I asked my mother why God let Martin Luther King get shot, and she said "Sometimes, God just allows things to happen." That never settled with me but I pushed that in the back of my mind for all those years. I read a few books, watched a few youtube videos, and become an atheist at 16. Later on after I started college, I thought I'd give faith another try mainly because I was scared to be who I was. I was scared my parents never would accept me, and I assumed no guy would want to be with a non believer. I go to a southern college that's very large, but still very traditional. Since 2014, I did a lot of soul searching, reading, researching, critical thinking, and I finally accepted myself as an atheist (again). My friends know, and they love me just the same. One of my closest friends is actually part of a Christian sorority, and another is a devout Sikh. They are very private with their views and so am I. I don't believe in being obnoxious about your opinions. I think the best approach is to just be an example and eventually people will ask questions. As for my parents accepting me, I think my mom has some idea of my not being a Christian just because of the way I talk, and the somewhat radical views I share with her. Over spring break, I talked to her about unconditional love and asked her if she agreed that a parent should love their child the same and be supportive no matter if they're gay, straight, atheist, trans, etc, and she said yes. My parents have really never given me a reason to think they would disown me and I trust their love for me. I don't feel the need to tell them I'm atheist as it would probably just make them worry, but I know they'll figure it out at some point especially when I have kids. I believe that if you stay true to yourself, everything will be OK in the end. Congrats on fully coming out by the way! It's always a hard thing to do. I must say I have never felt happier in my life and I feel very refreshed.

Cheers!
[+] 1 user Likes leftymii323's post