Hi guys *handshakes all around*

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2014, 04:20 PM
RE: Hi guys *handshakes all around*
(21-03-2014 11:51 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 11:38 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  fine! Go run to yo mama before you get hurt Tongue

So much meanness from someone with a rainbow My Little Pony as their avatar Tongue
You're not fooling ANYBODY! Hug
you got me Weeping
Hug

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Lightvader's post
21-03-2014, 05:04 PM
(21-03-2014 01:58 PM)leftymii323 Wrote:  Hi Christina!!!! Smile I enjoyed reading what you wrote and you sound like an interesting person. You're from Denmark? Is Denmark generally a religious country as a whole, or is it mainly the community you grew up in and your family members? I'm from good ole southeastern USA where atheism is really not that prevalent. I'm 19 year old female student planning to move to a more liberal state when I have the means to do so. I'm also African American (minority within a minority). I can really relate to your deconversion process. First off, my father is a pastor. When I was a freshman in high school, I was very religious, thought gay people had mental problems, and had all these ridiculous views and etc. In high school I was exposed to more people with different beliefs, sexual orientations, and opinions about life in general. That opened my mind some and at some point I considered how the Christian bible stories don't really make sense, but I didn't really have doubts. I was still very much a believer. Late in my freshman year of high school, one of my church members was killed in a car accident on his way to school. He was only 17. That was the first time I'd ever been exposed to a situation like that and I never quite was able to wrap my head around it. When I was 15, my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer (She is perfectly fine now) and that REALLY hit me hard and scared the hell out of me. I became agnostic-ish about six months after that because the situation forced me to get my head out of the clouds. Then, a family that's close to us's house caved in because a pipe in the ceiling burst but luckily nobody happened to be there at the time. This was really all that it took. I thought about how unfair the world was, why people say "thank the Lord!" when someone is cured from a sickness or survives a car accident, but the same people say "It was their time to go or it's in God's plan" when a young child dies of a terminal illness. It just didn't make sense. I remember when I was around six, I asked my mother why God let Martin Luther King get shot, and she said "Sometimes, God just allows things to happen." That never settled with me but I pushed that in the back of my mind for all those years. I read a few books, watched a few youtube videos, and become an atheist at 16. Later on after I started college, I thought I'd give faith another try mainly because I was scared to be who I was. I was scared my parents never would accept me, and I assumed no guy would want to be with a non believer. I go to a southern college that's very large, but still very traditional. Since 2014, I did a lot of soul searching, reading, researching, critical thinking, and I finally accepted myself as an atheist (again). My friends know, and they love me just the same. One of my closest friends is actually part of a Christian sorority, and another is a devout Sikh. They are very private with their views and so am I. I don't believe in being obnoxious about your opinions. I think the best approach is to just be an example and eventually people will ask questions. As for my parents accepting me, I think my mom has some idea of my not being a Christian just because of the way I talk, and the somewhat radical views I share with her. Over spring break, I talked to her about unconditional love and asked her if she agreed that a parent should love their child the same and be supportive no matter if they're gay, straight, atheist, trans, etc, and she said yes. My parents have really never given me a reason to think they would disown me and I trust their love for me. I don't feel the need to tell them I'm atheist as it would probably just make them worry, but I know they'll figure it out at some point especially when I have kids. I believe that if you stay true to yourself, everything will be OK in the end. Congrats on fully coming out by the way! It's always a hard thing to do. I must say I have never felt happier in my life and I feel very refreshed.

Cheers!

Hi leftymii.
Thankyou so much for sharing your story! It means a lot to me to meet people who can relate to the process of leaving a religion!
I have heard about the "bible belt" in the southern parts of the US. And as far as I understand, parts the deep south remains the areas of the US with the most racism aswell right? Sounds like you got dealt a pretty unfortunate hand there girl getting to be in two minorities! You can be very proud of yourself for letting yourself be who you are and not get scared off by diversity! You can't hide the color of your skin and pretend to be white to avoid racism, but you can hide your belief system and pretend to be religious to avoid persecution on that ground. The fact that you're voicing your opinions and open about that is awesome!

I am fortunate to live in one of the most secular countries in the world. Here in Denmark, it's opposite from where you live really. You stand out if you are religious beyond the level of 'I think there's probably more out there than we can see'. Outside the small, rather closed, religious communities, being an atheist really doesn't raise an eyebrow. It's if you're religious you're the odd one out!
My skin is also so ridiculously white I was nicknamed Caspar the Friendly Ghost by an African-American friend who thought my natural ability to be well camouflaged in snow is pretty hilarious! Laugh out load So I'm not in a minority on that account either.
I'm bisexual, which puts me in a minority, but that's not really a problem in little Denmark either.
This is a pretty awesome place to live actually! You get tired of Gods Own Country, you're welcome to come over here, we'd be happy to have you! Big Grin

My family all know I'm an atheist. I can understand your hesitation to tell your parents, because it's a painful thing! The deep pain it caused my parents, due to their firm believe that I am now bound for eternal damnation, makes me very sad and I wish I could take that hurt away from them. They are not bad people. They are very good, loving people who always have the best attention and want the best for me and the world! They were brought up in the same religion as me and were indoctrinated themselves. However, when I told them, they told me they really already knew and that they still loved me just as much. I did get a bunch of preaching in the beginning, hoping to win me back to the religion, but that ceased pretty quickly. They wanted to respect my choice and realized it didn't make a difference anyway. I'm sure if you told your parents they'd also tell you they already had a pretty good idea and that their love for you does not depend on your beliefs Smile But there is no pressure for you to tell them until you feel you need or want to do so.

I'm glad to hear you're doing great and enjoying life! This freedom to think for ourselves thing is really awesome! I am however sorry to hear how sad and terrible experiences you had, getting you here. I hope you've found that atheism not just makes better sense of the bad things in the world, but also highlights and brings out the many good and beautiful things in the world for you Smile

Hug
[+] 1 user Likes LadyDay's post
21-03-2014, 05:53 PM
(20-03-2014 08:44 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  I enjoy debating religion

I also have a bunch of other interests, like animals (I keep snakes and aquarium fish and plan on keeping both a dog or two and few cats once I get to live a place that allows for it) drawing, reading, fitness, adventurous trips to the arctic regions (Norway mainly), video games etc.
I am a study geek who loves delving into topics that excite me and learn as much as I possibly can about them.

Sincerely,
Christina aka. LadyDay

You and I are going to get along well. Welcome I am P/F im the ugly teen who debunkes creationist claims on zoological evolution and geology. I want to start capoeira and use it as a mma style of fighting. I also can answer you questions on zoological evolution and ecology(I am currently working on animal genetics and reproduction). Any way welcome hope you enjoy us demonic,infedelic heathens.Hug Beat_stick Ow! Okay I will stop.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
21-03-2014, 06:11 PM
(21-03-2014 05:53 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  You and I are going to get along well. Welcome I am P/F im the ugly teen who debunkes creationist claims on zoological evolution and geology. I want to start capoeira and use it as a mma style of fighting. I also can answer you questions on zoological evolution and ecology(I am currently working on animal genetics and reproduction). Any way welcome hope you enjoy us demonic,infedelic heathens.Hug Beat_stick Ow! Okay I will stop.

Demonic, infidelic heathens are my favorite kind if heathens! Big Grin

Hi P/F.
Does "paleolithic" refer to your diet? Because if so I'm curious to hear about your experiences.

Zoology and genetics are cool! I've actually been doing an online course on zoology lately just for fun. I shall make you my go to person for related questions Smile

I think we shall get along well too. Even if you are really an ugly teen Laugh out load I am obviously a stunningly beautiful adult myself Cool Tongue

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage
21-03-2014, 06:14 PM
(21-03-2014 06:11 PM)LadyDay Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 05:53 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  You and I are going to get along well. Welcome I am P/F im the ugly teen who debunkes creationist claims on zoological evolution and geology. I want to start capoeira and use it as a mma style of fighting. I also can answer you questions on zoological evolution and ecology(I am currently working on animal genetics and reproduction). Any way welcome hope you enjoy us demonic,infedelic heathens.Hug Beat_stick Ow! Okay I will stop.

Demonic, infidelic heathens are my favorite kind if heathens! Big Grin

Hi P/F.
Does "paleolithic" refer to your diet? Because if so I'm curious to hear about your experiences.

Zoology and genetics are cool! I've actually been doing an online course on zoology lately just for fun. I shall make you my go to person for related questions Smile

I think we shall get along well too. Even if you are really an ugly teen Laugh out load I am obviously a stunningly beautiful adult myself Cool Tongue

Yes paleo is my diet. Death to grains.Evil_monster Well then it is beauty and the beast, only the beauty realizes that ugly black guy should only stay friendsBig Grin

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
21-03-2014, 06:29 PM
(21-03-2014 06:14 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Yes paleo is my diet. Death to grains.Evil_monster Well then it is beauty and the beast, only the beauty realizes that ugly black guy should only stay friendsBig Grin

Awwwww. I highly doubt you're ugly. Ugliness comes from the inside, and your insides sound perfectly fine Wink
Hug

Haha. I do however have a principle of staying just friends with teenage boys until I'm old enough to go from "creepy cradle robber" to "cougar". Wink
When that's said, I don't see how skin color would be relevant in my decision as to which cradle to rob. Laugh out load
Oh, and I also have a boyfriend.

How has your body responded to going on a paleo diet?
21-03-2014, 06:31 PM
(21-03-2014 06:29 PM)LadyDay Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 06:14 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Yes paleo is my diet. Death to grains.Evil_monster Well then it is beauty and the beast, only the beauty realizes that ugly black guy should only stay friendsBig Grin

Awwwww. I highly doubt you're ugly. Ugliness comes from the inside, and your insides sound perfectly fine Wink
Hug

Haha. I do however have a principle of staying just friends with teenage boys until I'm old enough to go from "creepy cradle robber" to "cougar". Wink
When that's said, I don't see how skin color would be relevant in my decision as to which cradle to rob. Laugh out load

How has your body responded to going on a paleo diet?

I ate grains today and felt sick lol. I sucks. And ugliness is something I am a shamed of and proud of. I ashamed because I won't ever be able to mate, but I am proud because it makes people realize that I won't follow the man. And I just love being black.

21-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Ugly people won't follow the man? I think I need you to expand on that Smile

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage
21-03-2014, 06:40 PM
(21-03-2014 06:31 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I sucks. And ugliness is something I am a shamed of and proud of. I ashamed because I won't ever be able to mate, but I am proud because it makes people realize that I won't follow the man. And I just love being black.

I can't give you a cure since I dislike my own appearance too. But you can cope with it if you marry yourself to an instrument. I have an idea, start playing guitar. Black people with guitar, playing METAL are AWESOME; just look: http://youtu.be/fuhhSsafioM?t=2m53s

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
21-03-2014, 06:44 PM
(21-03-2014 06:37 PM)LadyDay Wrote:  Ugly people won't follow the man? I think I need you to expand on that Smile

I am not following the societies rules, you know being a rebel.Big Grin