Hi, i'm an Indian Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2013, 09:38 PM
Hi, i'm an Indian Atheist
I am living in country which is a melting pot for sh!t load of religions and being an atheist is just... Undecided its like a foreign concept for the majority i'm like an alien or asexual here.

Anyway it'd be nice to see if there are more Indian&south Asian atheists here because most of the atheists i've met online are westerners

I feel like the most oppression is in the South Asian countries.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like IndianAtheist's post
29-10-2013, 09:45 PM
RE: Hi, i'm an Indian Atheist
Welcome to the forum bro. Smile

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
29-10-2013, 10:26 PM
Ah, a fellow countryman! Greetings! We should totally hang out online.

"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian."
- J. B. S. Haldane on what evidence would be required to falsify evolution
30-10-2013, 01:29 PM
Welcome to the forum ! you have my greeting from France.
You say that you met few Atheists from South Asia.

1.Did you visited atheist forums in local languages ?
2.How do you explain that the majority of Atheist that you met are westerners ? (I have an explanation for it but I prefer read your explanation).
3.Was you a believer in any religions before being an atheist ?
30-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Welcome aboard Smile

Are you in the north or south? I've been to India a few times but all my time was up north.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
30-10-2013, 09:52 PM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2013 10:16 PM by IndianAtheist.)
(30-10-2013 01:29 PM)viocjit Wrote:  Welcome to the forum ! you have my greeting from France.
In real life my friends aren't comfortable talking about religion,sure we've pranked a lot about it but never quite questioned our unconditional faith in religion and just moved on with our lives but thanks to the internet i was able to get all the answers i needed.

I'm convinced that even if God does or does not exist Religion sure is an evil thing regardless because it is an incredibly flawed control system which needs to end.

In my country questioning conventional thoughts is treated as a crime,from schools to colleges asking inquisitive questions is termed as ‘disobedient’ and the entire thought process is tailored to accept whatever is told that's why india doesn't have innovators like steve jobs.

Teachers in india are slackers they just want robots who can score marks not inquisitive brains and same goes with parents they also tend to ignore counselling and talking with their children and instead they just pay tutors to make us into rote memory geniuses.

I think the "Asian" stereotype somewhat also applies to India parents for expecting so much from their children and treating them like literal robots.
Quote:2.How do you explain that the majority of Atheist that you met are westerners ? (I have an explanation for it but I prefer read your explanation).
3.Was you a believer in any religions before being an atheist ?[/i]
Who wasn't a believer huh ? you'd have to be really lucky to get atheistic parents because theists always shove their religion down their children's throat the day they are born.

And as far as i can tell no one advocates Hinduism or discusses it online on any forum or youtube and the most debated&discussed religions online are only Christianity&Islam i can't find a half decent debate for hindusim online probably because Indians are robots.

Sure i've found some anti-hindu blogs but most of them are simply made by hypocritical conservative Christians.

And the TV&media is controlled by fascist pseudo secular govt which doesn't like freedom of speech very much and wants the populous to be ignorant as a stone.
(30-10-2013 02:05 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Welcome aboard Smile
Are you in the north or south? I've been to India a few times but all my time was up north.
Thanks,i'm from south India(tamil nadu),i come from a typical dysfunctional patriarchal brahman family.(I don't consider patriarchy to be any more "functional" than an abusive relationship)

EDIT: I joined this forum because it was the most popular atheist forum online.
31-10-2013, 07:47 AM
(30-10-2013 09:52 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
(30-10-2013 01:29 PM)viocjit Wrote:  Welcome to the forum ! you have my greeting from France.
In real life my friends aren't comfortable talking about religion,sure we've pranked a lot about it but never quite questioned our unconditional faith in religion and just moved on with our lives but thanks to the internet i was able to get all the answers i needed.

I'm convinced that even if God does or does not exist Religion sure is an evil thing regardless because it is an incredibly flawed control system which needs to end.

In my country questioning conventional thoughts is treated as a crime,from schools to colleges asking inquisitive questions is termed as ‘disobedient’ and the entire thought process is tailored to accept whatever is told that's why india doesn't have innovators like steve jobs.

Teachers in india are slackers they just want robots who can score marks not inquisitive brains and same goes with parents they also tend to ignore counselling and talking with their children and instead they just pay tutors to make us into rote memory geniuses.

I think the "Asian" stereotype somewhat also applies to India parents for expecting so much from their children and treating them like literal robots.
Quote:2.How do you explain that the majority of Atheist that you met are westerners ? (I have an explanation for it but I prefer read your explanation).
3.Was you a believer in any religions before being an atheist ?[/i]
Who wasn't a believer huh ? you'd have to be really lucky to get atheistic parents because theists always shove their religion down their children's throat the day they are born.

And as far as i can tell no one advocates Hinduism or discusses it online on any forum or youtube and the most debated&discussed religions online are only Christianity&Islam i can't find a half decent debate for hindusim online probably because Indians are robots.

Sure i've found some anti-hindu blogs but most of them are simply made by hypocritical conservative Christians.

And the TV&media is controlled by fascist pseudo secular govt which doesn't like freedom of speech very much and wants the populous to be ignorant as a stone.
(30-10-2013 02:05 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Welcome aboard Smile
Thanks,i'm from south India(tamil nadu),i come from a typical dysfunctional patriarchal brahman family.(I don't consider patriarchy to be any more "functional" than an abusive relationship)

EDIT: I joined this forum because it was the most popular atheist forum online.

I find your remarks about teachers interesting. I have done a lot of training in India. I found people very good at rote memorization, not so much on trying to grasp concepts (on average). Since it was an outsourcing situation I thought it was them just trying to learn enough to do the job.

We had a particularly problematic group and I was assigned to them. They were horrfied when I had assessment tests set for them and expected them to score in the 90's. I was told that in school 30's was passing. I find that hard to believe.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
31-10-2013, 10:37 AM
(31-10-2013 07:47 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I find your remarks about teachers interesting. I have done a lot of training in India. I found people very good at rote memorization, not so much on trying to grasp concepts (on average). Since it was an outsourcing situation I thought it was them just trying to learn enough to do the job.

We had a particularly problematic group and I was assigned to them. They were horrfied when I had assessment tests set for them and expected them to score in the 90's. I was told that in school 30's was passing. I find that hard to believe.

As an Indian who's been through the system and hated every second of it, you have hit the problem on the head.

"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian."
- J. B. S. Haldane on what evidence would be required to falsify evolution
31-10-2013, 10:50 AM
so... you're a polyatheist? Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
31-10-2013, 11:19 AM