Hi, i'm an Indian Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2013, 11:38 AM
RE: Hi, i'm an Indian Atheist
We had another thread here recently about the correlation between atheism and race/culture. It is definitely not a common finding in some cultures. Hopefully you will find some support here.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2013, 12:04 PM
Hi there
altough i am not indian, i was raised a hindu. Hope you have a fine time here!

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
02-11-2013, 03:47 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2013 03:53 AM by IndianAtheist.)
(31-10-2013 07:47 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I found people very good at rote memorization, not so much on trying to grasp concepts (on average). Since it was an outsourcing situation I thought it was them just trying to learn enough to do the job.
We are brought up that way,often you'll notice how much flack india gets for cheap quality of outsourcing calls.

Indians don't care about ambitions as much about how to make money,in short we have one track minds.
Quote:I was told that in school 30's was passing. I find that hard to believe.
you better believe it ! YOU BETTER !Evil_monster

India has major Caste/Religion/Regional/Cultural/poverty/population/food security/corruption/economy issues..

The biggest problem of it all is that every one of them is correlated with each other and thus we have a fu*ked up education system based on caste&Religion... YES you heard it !

The person who belongs to a particular caste/religion gets a free quota in colleges and will be considered "passed" even if they get only 30% because they belong to a paricular caste/Religion.

in 2013 we still have education system based on Religion&Caste... sad but true.
(31-10-2013 10:50 AM)nach_in Wrote:  so... you're a polyatheist? Tongue
Technically everyone is Big Grin its not like i'm a deist or agnostic.
(31-10-2013 12:04 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Hi there although i am not indian, i was raised a hindu. Hope you have a fine time here
So your parents are of Indian descent ? because to my knowledge hindus aren't very good at preaching,in fact the identity of actual hinduism is kinda of vague to the rest of the world.
02-11-2013, 06:48 AM
Hinduism was introduced to to my country when indians came here as contract labourers in 1863.
I have no idea wich generation grandparrents came from india

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
04-11-2013, 09:49 AM
(29-10-2013 09:38 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  I am living in country which is a melting pot for sh!t load of religions and being an atheist is just... Undecided its like a foreign concept for the majority i'm like an alien or asexual here.

Anyway it'd be nice to see if there are more Indian&south Asian atheists here because most of the atheists i've met online are westerners

I feel like the most oppression is in the South Asian countries.

You're welcome to discuss and ask questions Smile
I hope you'll like it here.
30-07-2014, 08:19 AM
I am new to this forum. There does seem to be a lot of activity on this thread for quite some time.