Hi, new user here (Warning: Theist)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2017, 04:24 AM
RE: Hi, new user here (Warning: Theist)
(23-03-2017 11:23 PM)TranscendentBeing Wrote:  Hello there.

I just joined and am looking forward to future discussion.

I personally identify as a secular christian theist. I believe there is good reason to accept the existence of God, which will of course be challenged all over this site.

Welcome, I wish you the best of luck, and hope you find your stay to be enjoyable and informative.

Word to the wise though; be prepared for a lot of coarseness if you do wade out of the Into section and into the Atheism & Theism area. We deal with a lot of insincere preachers, drive-by evangelisers, and out-right trolls in these parts, so some of the more active members have developed hair-trigger tempers...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
24-03-2017, 04:32 AM
(24-03-2017 04:24 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  We deal with a lot of insincere preachers, drive-by evangelisers, and out-right trolls in these parts, so some of the more active members have developed hair-trigger tempers...

To be fair, nobody really appreciates being lied or condescended to, myself included.

Still, if the new meat want their ideas challenged, there will be plenty of takers; but vitriol is saved for those who ask for it. Here's hoping we have an honest addition, and not another drama queen, internet warrior, or martyr complex. Honestly, it would be a refreshing change of pace.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
24-03-2017, 04:34 AM
(24-03-2017 04:32 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 04:24 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  We deal with a lot of insincere preachers, drive-by evangelisers, and out-right trolls in these parts, so some of the more active members have developed hair-trigger tempers...

To be fair, nobody really appreciates being lied or condescended to, myself included.

Still, if the new meat want their ideas challenged, there will be plenty of takers; but vitriol is saved for those who ask for it. Here's hoping we have an honest addition, and not another drama queen, internet warrior, or martyr complex. Honestly, it would be a refreshing change of pace.

I know and I get it, just advancing the word.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
24-03-2017, 04:37 AM
Hi, and welcome.

I hope you enjoy your discussions here.
24-03-2017, 04:38 AM
Welcome to the site! Is your avatar from Full Metal Alchemist? (Is so, +1 for you hah).

This forum welcomes debate of any kind Smile

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
[+] 4 users Like OakTree500's post
24-03-2017, 04:40 AM
(24-03-2017 04:38 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Welcome to the site! Is your avatar from Full Metal Alchemist? (Is so, +1 for you hah).

This forum welcomes debate of any kind Smile

Just noticed that; it would indeed appear to be the Truth. Kudos to TB.

[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
24-03-2017, 08:14 AM
Welcome!
24-03-2017, 08:40 AM
(23-03-2017 11:23 PM)TranscendentBeing Wrote:  I personally identify as a secular christian theist.

Welcome oxymoron.
Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-03-2017, 09:12 AM
(23-03-2017 11:23 PM)TranscendentBeing Wrote:  Hello there.

I just joined and am looking forward to future discussion.

I personally identify as a secular Christian theist. I believe there is good reason to accept the existence of God, which will of course be challenged all over this site.

> Welcome! I look forward to reading your first discussion. Smile

> I am a former Roman Catholic.
24-03-2017, 10:20 AM
(24-03-2017 09:12 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > I am a former Roman Catholic.

In that getup, you still look like a Roman Catholic. But at least it's not Elrond.

Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post