Hi, newbie here.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2015, 09:17 AM
RE: Hi, newbie here.
Welcome aboard! Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
20-10-2015, 09:31 AM
Hello Annette,
welcome to the forum!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
20-10-2015, 09:37 AM
Hi! And welcome to TTA! Big Grin

(19-10-2015 08:17 PM)Annette Wrote:  I've been an atheist all my life and I'm joining because I think I'm actually starting to believe in god. Sadcryface2

Umm... why? For what reasons are you an atheist to begin with? Not saying you haven't thought about this already, but if not- maybe think of that and establish some base reasoning for your belief status and why you are questioning your current position.

(19-10-2015 08:17 PM)Annette Wrote:  I'm fighting against the urge tooth and nail but the more I look into it and scoff the more I wonder why I'm looking into it in the first place. Drinking Beverage
I'm hoping that by reading bits and bobs here that I'll get re-inspired to debate some people about the existence, or lack thereof, of god.
~Annette

I hope we're able to help! Big Grin This is a great community.
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
20-10-2015, 10:21 AM
Welcome Big Grin

Which god? Because if you are going to give up your freedom of thought, I'd say Thor is definitely the one to go with! He's kinda rock'n'roll!
Wink
Just be honest with yourself okay and try to remain reasonable. You'll find people on here are some of the nicest you've ever met! Smile
[+] 3 users Like LadyDay's post
20-10-2015, 11:05 AM
Welcome Annette. We'll do what we can to keep you sain.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
20-10-2015, 11:11 AM
Who was talking crap about us on youtube?? Dodgy

Hah, welcome! I don't really feel comfortable telling you to *not* believe in god as I think you should figure that out for yourself. But like others have asked, I'm curious why you didn't believe, why you are starting to believe, and which god?

Can you explain what makes you think there might be a god?

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
20-10-2015, 12:36 PM
Welcome!

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes TurkeyBurner's post
20-10-2015, 12:45 PM
Welcome to the den of heathens Annette. I hope we can help you find your inner godlessness.
[+] 1 user Likes Iñigo's post
20-10-2015, 12:46 PM
Welcome....

And...

If you're going to get a god -- I suggest going with a new one..... You get a better value with new, and the trade in value is better as well.....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
20-10-2015, 01:01 PM
Annette,

First of all welcome aboard. You've obviously taken an important step forward and it's implied in your intro that you value community. If you didn't, you wouldn't be here. Regardless of what you choose to believe, we provide as much support as possible. Given the pretenses of your intro I would encourage you to start a new thread and present why you are starting to think you may be incorrect regarding your current worldview. I don't want to assume this about you but some of the atheists that I have come across who are "lifers" can be just that without really having vetted conclusive and logical evidence. I think when you approach the subject logically there just isn't enough weight for 'god-done-it'. We have several theists here, some that are very rational and some that are irrational but in the end, the decision is yours and you will become comfortable with the dissonance in between and where you eventually land.

Best wishes and I look forward to hearing more from you!

~TC

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 2 users Like Tonechaser77's post