Hi, not new here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2014, 09:42 PM
RE: Hi, not new here
(23-05-2014 09:27 PM)Charis Wrote:  I'm about to lampoon both of you.

Welcome the non-new guy or get back on the fucking beach. lol

Hi non-new guy! We haz sealz here!

Don't worry it'll get split.

(23-05-2014 09:26 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 09:19 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You don't need to be serious and "intimidating" to be 'witty'.
DLJ is one of the wittiest people here, he's not a serious person at all and I've met the guy, he's not very intimidating either.

Wit doesn't just come to you because you decide to be "super cereal". If you're witty now you were witty before. You can be fun and goofy as well as witty and cleaver and nice. This "serious and intimidating" shit is shit and pointless.

Different strokes for different folks. Each path we take is different from one another. Sometimes people have the similar experiences on their path, but it is still unique in their own way. DLJ is witty without being serious, however DLJ is not me. DLJ has a different path than I. So for him he may never need this, but I might. I could find many other hidden potentials now that I could have never discovered before while in my previous state.

DLJ has lived a lot more than you. He knows what's up.
Me and others are trying to give you advice because we have experience in this department. Ultimately it's your decision but it would be unwise to listen and take lessons from others with experience in this matter.
My experience for example is saying that you shouldn't be serious 24/7. It's boring and bad for your health (stress). Life is to short to be serious. Yes some things require a serious attitude (funerals for example), but life as a whole does not.
If you are serious and boring your whole life than what is the point if you're not having fun? You should be happy you're the goof ball.
I pity those that don't know how to enjoy the small things in life.

Do what you want, but IMO don't take life so seriously.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
23-05-2014, 09:55 PM
(23-05-2014 09:42 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  DLJ has lived a lot more than you. He knows what's up.
Me and others are trying to give you advice because we have experience in this department. Ultimately it's your decision but it would be unwise to listen and take lessons from others with experience in this matter.
My experience for example is saying that you shouldn't be serious 24/7. It's boring and bad for your health (stress). Life is to short to be serious. Yes some things require a serious attitude (funerals for example), but life as a whole does not.
If you are serious and boring your whole life than what is the point if you're not having fun? You should be happy you're the goof ball.
I pity those that don't know how to enjoy the small things in life.

Do what you want, but IMO don't take life so seriously.

This is correct. You see this is what I meant while working things out. The night of the post I sat there thinking of how to do this. And I may be serious, but I am serious enough to know when to make the moment right. If a joke is needed, I will tell a joke. If someone needs help I will. So I am serious most of the time but I know when to take a break from life and relax. Sorry I did not mention this before.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
23-05-2014, 11:27 PM
[Image: wallpaper_20110702013135_5645782472.jpg?itok=9dWhhV4o]

Welcome to the TTA forum.