Hi, require assistance in answering for my position, Cheers :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2016, 07:02 PM
RE: Hi, require assistance in answering for my position, Cheers :)
(10-04-2016 06:14 PM)StehenYeathatStephen Wrote:  On what you said:
Quote:"Blatantly false."

I agree. But is there any way to emphazie this further in a paragraph.. like why it's so stupid to suggest that god is behind everything science has and has not have an answer to it.

The Bible, as a rule, does not contain coherent scientific predictions. Those that it does make are generally false (a global flood, curing leprosy through animal sacrifice, and so on) or not particularly remarkable. The rest - the things that people like your associate seem to trot out at every opportunity, such as the internet, cloning, and so forth - are either incoherent or not actually predicted in the Bible (the internet, cloning, etc.).

Unfortunately, anyone who actually believes this is already past the point of being reasoned with.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
10-04-2016, 07:13 PM
Even playing along with the false notion of what a prophet did,
just as many (if not more) never came true.
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/proph/long.html

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
10-04-2016, 08:31 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2016 08:40 PM by TheInquisition.)
(10-04-2016 06:14 PM)StehenYeathatStephen Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 02:30 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  

Thanks very much for this.. will help a lot along with other responses.

On what you said:
Quote:"Blatantly false."

I agree. But is there any way to emphazie this further in a paragraph.. like why it's so stupid to suggest that god is behind everything science has and has not have an answer to it.

Once again thanks Smile

He's leaving it wide open with such an ignorant statement, I love taking apart the Tower of Babel myth, it's apologism is rather thin and makes it harder to defend. There's blatant evidence of multiple languages existing before 2200 BC, the alleged time of the myth. You can have great fun going over the city building lists in Genesis chapter 10 of Nimrod and Asshur, the city of Ninevah that Asshur was supposed to have built has archeological history that goes back before the 4000 BC creation of the world! Laugh out loadLaugh out load

The priest that wrote this tale (the "j" source) was woefully ignorant of the origination of these cities he describes and this whole myth is exposed as blatant fiction as a result.

The Tower of Babel myth is a two-fer, the book of Mormon asserts that the Jaredites were the only people who's language didn't change from the Tower of Babel and then went to America, since it's a myth it undercuts the book of Mormon at the knees as well as casting doubt on the entire book of Genesis.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 5 users Like TheInquisition's post
11-04-2016, 04:02 AM
(10-04-2016 05:13 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 03:16 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  ...Narnia.

Wink

Fantasy.... ya know, that makes more sense.

Angry

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
14-04-2016, 12:49 PM
Well if someone were to say these things to me, after I took a deep breath and counted to 10, I'd respond as follows.

"when intelligence is applied to bridge gaps than to assume the universe is based on chaos and disorder."

Who assumes this? This is a complete and total straw man? The order we see is inherent in the universe. It is a consequence of the law of identity. There's no possibility of a disorderly universe.

"God exists before time and makes His preexistence illogical for He's the source of all energy, time,space and matter.".

How do you know this. We can imagine a god is the source of all energy, time, space and matter, but how is what we imagine not imaginary?

"Tell me, are your thoughts products of randomness or consciousness?"

Thought is a kind of conscious activity so yes my thoughts are a product of my consciousness.

"this consciousness is it a product of disorder?"

As far as I am aware, it is biological in nature. It is a type of activity performed by a biological organism just like respiration, circulation and digestion, so no it is not a product of disorder. Specific causal conditions need to be in place such as a living organism which has the structures required for consciousness such as a brain and nervous system.

"Because religion cannot base its argument on physical evidence doesn't make its claims invalid otherwise rather it superimposes science in its entirety."

It makes them worse than invalid, it makes them arbitrary. No, it does not superimpose science. It opposes it. Science is reason based, fact based, religion is based in the imaginary.

"The problem is that nowadays people misuse religion for their selfish requests and make God distant them the non religious POV becomes warped about the truth throwing the baby out with the bath water, discrediting every ties to the Creator."

Since there is no proper use of religion it is hard to see how it can be misused. There is no god to be distant from. My non-religious POV is not "warped about the truth". On the contrary my philosophy does not inform the concept truth by imagining some supernatural being but by looking out at reality and identifying what I perceive by an objective means. There is no creator. It's all a fantasy.

"We all know this but some people just choose apply the same principles of man to God."

Who is this we you speak of. I certainly don't "know this" and I don't apply anything to God because it doesn't exist.

"They think God is a finite entity that dwells in the Sky, that's limited because unfavourable things happen and fail to see they are part of a grand design."

I don't think anything about God because it is merely imaginary. I fail to see that I'm part of a grand design because it's not true.

"All scientific facts still change to meet up with God's word."

Only in your imagination.

"Today the prophesies of the Bible are unravelling"

That's the first correct thing you've said.

" internet, cashless transactions, space exploration, cloning and Modern Warfare are all documented."

No.

" If we disregard the Bible as the truth because of the God you despise, then only those who pay attention will tap into the knowledge and be able to preemptively avert dangers by calling unto the Savior"

I don't despise something that you are only imagining. I disregard the Bible because I know its claims to be false. No other reason. You can call on an invisible magic being in times of trouble, I'll go with reason.

"Have ever wonder why there are miracles and faith healing that defy medical reports and diagnosis?"

Because people make up stories and others are credulous enough to believe them.

"Have you asked what happens to consciousness when the body dies?"

Yes I have and I can only say that I don't know. All the available facts tell me that it ceases when the body and brain die.

"The universe is vast and unexplored dimensions are merely touched and observed and man on his little blue rock doubt the existence of a Supreme Being ,the creator of the universe?"

What does the size of Man or the Earth have to do with anything. If a claim is false it is false regardless of the stature of the one who knows that the claim is false.

"Definitely science is taking the common sense out of people and philosophy is doing more harm of twisting faith with facts."

It's not science that or philosophy that "twists faith with facts", it's your religion that does this. blurring the line between the imaginary and the factual is its stock in trade.

"One more thing, God is not "god of the gaps" as He's the source of all creation"

That's nice. Now go on back to your coloring and remember to stay inside the lines.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post