Hi, there!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2016, 11:03 AM
Hi, there!
I am a former Primitive Baptist, Catholic, Methodist and Scientologist. Not all at once, of course. I more Unitarian Universalist now.

I left Christianity after deciding a loving God would not sentence people to everlasting hell, and therefore that place did not exist. If there exists a god who did create one, I am not worshiping him (or her).

I've been listening to TTA for a month or so and decided to check in with the forum. Right now, I have time to do this at work. That will change, but for now, Hi, everyone!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2016, 11:07 AM
RE: Hi, there!
Welcome!!!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

03-06-2016, 11:08 AM
Welcome aboard!
03-06-2016, 11:15 AM
Welcome.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
03-06-2016, 11:21 AM
Hello!

(what's a "primitive Baptist"?)

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
03-06-2016, 11:22 AM
(03-06-2016 11:03 AM)gjcook27 Wrote:  I am a former Primitive Baptist, Catholic, Methodist and Scientologist. Not all at once, of course. I more Unitarian Universalist now.

I left Christianity after deciding a loving God would not sentence people to everlasting hell, and therefore that place did not exist. If there exists a god who did create one, I am not worshiping him (or her).

I've been listening to TTA for a month or so and decided to check in with the forum. Right now, I have time to do this at work. That will change, but for now, Hi, everyone!

Welcome!

I thought Boko Haram did "Whiter Shade of Pale" ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-06-2016, 11:55 AM
Wow a former Scientologist. I have so many questions! Thou I was never member Scientology was a major turning point for me becoming an atheist.

I think with such a variety of beliefs i'm interested to hear your mental journey.

Welcome GJcook.

I wont get into the questions in this thread this is mostly so people can say hello. But if you start one you can be sure i'll step in.

Also (just so I can get a clearer picture) it sounds like you are still holding on a belief that a god exists. Just not a loving one? Maybe you're more a deist position? Looking forward to talk with you.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
03-06-2016, 02:17 PM
Welcome!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
03-06-2016, 02:23 PM
Hi Gjcook27 - glad you are here. Like Commonsensei, I want to know more about the Scientology - how you got to it and how you got away from it.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
03-06-2016, 02:38 PM
(03-06-2016 11:03 AM)gjcook27 Wrote:  I left Christianity after deciding a loving God would not sentence people to everlasting hell, and therefore that place did not exist.

I could tell you a story...

But for now, welcome! Big Grin

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user