Hi to all

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2017, 12:30 AM
Hi to all
I found this forum via a google link, which was to a post on this forum basically telling you all not to bother with Rational Skepticism, seems someone got banned and had sour grape syndrome.

I got the impression from reading that post that the moderation at Ratskep was not what you are accustomed to here, and that led to the ban. Ratskep is particularly good, in my opinion, about trying to keep things civil, banning insults, trollish behaviour, etc.

I thought I would check out what things are like here in the (comparative) wild west.

BTW I am an atheist of the agnostic variety, and have never been a believer of any supernatural hypothesis. I always strive for objectivity and push for it in others, it is an ideal worth aiming for but, like perfection, not fully achievable by anyone .
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Zulumoose's post
24-03-2017, 12:47 AM
RE: Hi to all
Heya, welcome Smile

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-03-2017, 12:48 AM
(24-03-2017 12:30 AM)Zulumoose Wrote:  I found this forum via a google link, which was to a post on this forum basically telling you all not to bother with Rational Skepticism, seems someone got banned and had sour grape syndrome.

I got the impression from reading that post that the moderation at Ratskep was not what you are accustomed to here, and that led to the ban. Ratskep is particularly good, in my opinion, about trying to keep things civil, banning insults, trollish behaviour, etc.

I thought I would check out what things are like here in the (comparative) wild west.

BTW I am an atheist of the agnostic variety, and have never been a believer of any supernatural hypothesis. I always strive for objectivity and push for it in others, it is an ideal worth aiming for but, like perfection, not fully achievable by anyone .

No clue what you're talking.

*shrug*

Welcome.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-03-2017, 12:53 AM
(24-03-2017 12:48 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 12:30 AM)Zulumoose Wrote:  I found this forum via a google link, which was to a post on this forum basically telling you all not to bother with Rational Skepticism, seems someone got banned and had sour grape syndrome.

No clue what you're talking.

*shrug*

Welcome.

Think Zulumoose was referring to this.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...Skepticism

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
24-03-2017, 01:20 AM
Yes Jdog, that was the one, it didn't sound very honest to someone such as myself who is familiar with the kind of behaviour that leads to a banning at Ratskep.
24-03-2017, 01:22 AM
Welcome.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
24-03-2017, 01:40 AM
(24-03-2017 12:53 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 12:48 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  No clue what you're talking.

*shrug*

Welcome.

Think Zulumoose was referring to this.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...Skepticism

That was Ego® he was all sorts of batshit crazy. He started his own religion.

He had a meltdown and asked for his account to be deleted, then he came back (which for some dumb reason Hughsie did just delete his account -- should have just banned him), this time as Gordon and into tarot cards.

Then he started his own forum and used our forum to build his base.

When he didn't stop posting about it, after being warned repeatedly I banned him.

Then he blew up his forum a few days later.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-03-2017, 01:53 AM
Hello! Big Grin
24-03-2017, 02:23 AM
Welcome to titty-yay Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
24-03-2017, 02:27 AM
(24-03-2017 01:20 AM)Zulumoose Wrote:  Yes Jdog, that was the one, it didn't sound very honest to someone such as myself who is familiar with the kind of behaviour that leads to a banning at Ratskep.

Well that was a bit before my time but by Moms description of him I wouldn't really worry about what he says.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze