Hiccups

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-06-2016, 09:14 AM
RE: Hiccups
You need to get in rhythm with your diaphragm - Breathe when it is relaxed right after a contraction, and try to pre-empt the next contraction by holding your breath and focusing on stretching your diaphragm. It can be done and works. A few contractions pre-empted and it stops. Cannabis can help you focus....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
20-06-2016, 09:21 AM
(20-06-2016 09:14 AM)Dom Wrote:  You need to get in rhythm with your diaphragm - Breathe when it is relaxed right after a contraction, and try to pre-empt the next contraction by holding your breath and focusing on stretching your diaphragm. It can be done and works. A few contractions pre-empted and it stops. Cannabis can help you focus....

Starkers is having a baby! Big Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
20-06-2016, 09:21 AM
Try a spoon full of sugar. Make sure the sugar is dry. It's sounds crazy but I've gotten rid of a day of hiccuping this way.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
20-06-2016, 10:29 AM
The only thing that ever helps me is to lie (lay? I can never remember...) on my back on a bed or a couch and hang my head and chest over the edge. I'm guessing that it is taking pressure off the diaphragm by being upside down.

That, or running around the house 3 times without thinking about elephants.
Big Grin

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
20-06-2016, 03:49 PM
Only thing that's ever worked for me is a shot of vinegar.

#sigh
20-06-2016, 03:58 PM
I exhale fully, and then inhale until I can't take in any more air. Then hold for 90 seconds. Repeat if required (seldom).
20-06-2016, 03:58 PM
(20-06-2016 03:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Only thing that's ever worked for me is a shot of vinegar.

Scotch works, too.
20-06-2016, 04:50 PM
(20-06-2016 09:21 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Try a spoon full of sugar. Make sure the sugar is dry. It's sounds crazy but I've gotten rid of a day of hiccuping this way.

I don't think Stark can do that. Medical reasons.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
20-06-2016, 05:10 PM
(19-06-2016 11:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  If it goes longer than 4 hours do you need to see a doctor?

Oh wait that's for erections.

Never mind.

As amusing as Stark's hiccups are, chronic and persistent hiccups can be a sign of an underlying neurological disorder.

On the flip side, one of the more effective cures for hiccups involves activities that induce heavy breathing.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
21-06-2016, 03:54 PM
Try to burp, but don't let it escape your esophagus. Try to compound several of them in there before you let them out.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.