Hiding evidence.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2014, 09:08 PM
RE: Hiding evidence.
Okay, but seriously. What the fuck actually goes on at freemason meetings? I just wanna know. In my mind, if they're not actually plotting the systematic takeover of the world then the only other thing that makes sense to get together so secretly for is hookers and blow.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
14-05-2014, 02:23 AM
(13-05-2014 03:00 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  ... it's the job of the Masons to make sure that I'm not happy because I know the truth about them ...
Ah, yes, the dread motto of faceless government operatives everywhere: "We're Not Happy Until You're Not Happy".
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
14-05-2014, 06:10 AM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2014 06:13 AM by itsnotmeitsyou.)
(13-05-2014 09:08 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Okay, but seriously. What the fuck actually goes on at freemason meetings? I just wanna know. In my mind, if they're not actually plotting the systematic takeover of the world then the only other thing that makes sense to get together so secretly for is hookers and blow.

Mostly community improvement and business talk. It's a social club that is mainly populated by rich white guys who discuss ways to give back to the community. Evil, I know...

The conspiracy theories pop in because it's mostly rich white guys, and we all know that any large group of rich white guys has GOT to be up to something nefarious. That's what rich white guys do...

And it's really not so secret as the nutjobs would have you believe. They are a private club and membership is kinda exclusive, but it's not the cloak and dagger type of secret club. Hell, they have giant meeting halls and host huge events all the time... How secret can you be when you put a giant logo on all your buildings and advertise the location of your meetings?

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
14-05-2014, 06:15 AM
I lived in a road that was by the side of the main drive way to the Free Mason's lodge. From what I could tell they would all drive up one evening, get drunk, play loud music and then go home again.

I had a friend who had a big sexual kink about the Free Mason's and joined a lodge (don't ask). He was trying to convince me that they have these really big historical secrets and was kind of put out that I didn't really care.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
14-05-2014, 07:01 AM
I used to work for one, with many others coming in and doing business with him, they're a strange lot, thats for sure. Hobo

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
14-05-2014, 08:16 AM
(14-05-2014 06:10 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(13-05-2014 09:08 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Okay, but seriously. What the fuck actually goes on at freemason meetings? I just wanna know. In my mind, if they're not actually plotting the systematic takeover of the world then the only other thing that makes sense to get together so secretly for is hookers and blow.

Mostly community improvement and business talk. It's a social club that is mainly populated by rich white guys who discuss ways to give back to the community. Evil, I know...

The conspiracy theories pop in because it's mostly rich white guys, and we all know that any large group of rich white guys has GOT to be up to something nefarious. That's what rich white guys do...

And it's really not so secret as the nutjobs would have you believe. They are a private club and membership is kinda exclusive, but it's not the cloak and dagger type of secret club. Hell, they have giant meeting halls and host huge events all the time... How secret can you be when you put a giant logo on all your buildings and advertise the location of your meetings?

Well, yeah - that's what they want us to believe. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-05-2014, 08:24 AM
(14-05-2014 08:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-05-2014 06:10 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Mostly community improvement and business talk. It's a social club that is mainly populated by rich white guys who discuss ways to give back to the community. Evil, I know...

Well, yeah - that's what they want us to believe. Dodgy

Actually, that's what they want you to believe that that's what they want you to believe.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
14-05-2014, 08:43 AM
Because Satan is the father of lies, and is obviously behind it all?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
15-05-2014, 05:49 AM
(13-05-2014 02:48 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Why do people use the "Illuminati hiding evidence" excuse?

I know I've posted this before, but it's relevant:

[Image: 20110513.gif]

People want to think that there are villains in the world to blame for all the problems. Villains they can hate. It makes the world more simple and reduces tough choices. Also, the hiding evidence thing is convenient when you don't have any evidence.

I have a friend with an autistic daughter. He's an anti-vaxer because of the fraudulent autism study done a while ago. I somewhat recently admitted to me that he's mad that his daughter is autistic and he's looking for someone to be mad at. He admits this and knows this about himself, and he still believes it. He can replace some portion of his helplessness with anger.
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
15-05-2014, 04:34 PM
Fuck. Here I thought this was gonna be an instructional thread about hiding evidence from the popo. I could contribute to that one.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post