High Heeled Shoes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2015, 03:29 PM
RE: High Heeled Shoes
(22-02-2015 02:59 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(22-02-2015 02:50 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Huh? Why would you wear heels for horse back archery? Seems like the horse has four pair of shoes already, why would you need heels?

Haha, not for the horse obviously Tongue

The high heels allow you to contort your legs in the stirrups to a greater degree while maintaining control. I could shoot 360* while in a pretty good gallop without much difficulty at all.

High heels originate in Persia sometime at or before the 9th Century for exactly this reason.

How very interesting.

I just googled this subject and found a photo of these 16th century Persian shoes for horseback riding.

[Image: _65445029_p06-0015.jpg]

These obviously aren't meant for walking. I can see how the heel would fit around a stirrup, almost like a hook. I Learned something new today.

(My husband does traditional archery as a hobby. Not on a horse though. )

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
22-02-2015, 04:04 PM
I used to wear much higher heels in my 20's but now only got for low 1 1/2 inch heels. I will often wear trainers (sneakers) though.
22-02-2015, 04:21 PM
(22-02-2015 03:23 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(22-02-2015 02:21 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Yes, but are you wearing socks?

Never. I'm not nearly that self-confident. Laugh out load
[Image: 8b9ea4ddc3de6fefcccf2efa4f674c99.gif]
Haha well alright than.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
22-02-2015, 04:36 PM
(22-02-2015 03:05 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(22-02-2015 01:36 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  My mom only wears them about once a year when she gets all dressed up for Christmas Eve. But since that's how I always "knew" about them, they just look really "dressy" to me..but totally out of place like at work or when I see someone with them on in the hospital. I usually think "Great. Your local Orthopedist thanks you, as you will be paying her/him a visit someday". Tongue There's a place in Buckhead my buddies took me once, (the Lennox Mall...and shut up, NOT for shoes) ... you can prolly get some there, (that is if you can find a damn place to park Weeping )
I have one really expensive pair of shoes ... and I never wear them. Rolleyes I have a new tiny kitty cat and she likes to sleep in them.

Parking at Lennox DOES suck. I can get Louboutins at Green Hills mall in Nashville or The Summit in Birmingham. Green Hills is fun for window shopping and people watching. My cousin got a pair for her first wedding anniversary - me so jealous.

I have one moderately priced pair of shoes - can't wear them anymore Sad They were difficult for even me to walk in, and I don't wanna wear them without a man to hang onto for fear of falling. They were fabulous. Covered in silver glitter with giant bows on the back - 4 1/2" or 5" stiletto. They were my Christmas party/New Years Eve/sexy times shoes.

A lot of the female attendings wear Louboutins at the hospital. I'm personally not a fan of dress attire for patient interaction nor white coats. Infection control. Infection control. Infection control. Everyone should be in scrubs. Seeing a doc in a suit and tie reaaally bugs the hell out of me unless they're there for a meeting. I think, when's the last time you had that tie or white coat laundered, and with how many patients have you interacted? Don't lean across my patient's fresh sternal incision with that tie. Ick.

I think a nurse I know turned in an attending once for wearing a tie, letting it hang all over her patient, and not washing his hands. Pretty gross. (I heard the name "Loubiton" ... I used to think it was a mispronunciation of Louis Vitton .. or however he spells it). Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
22-02-2015, 05:38 PM
(22-02-2015 03:05 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(22-02-2015 01:36 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  My mom only wears them about once a year when she gets all dressed up for Christmas Eve. But since that's how I always "knew" about them, they just look really "dressy" to me..but totally out of place like at work or when I see someone with them on in the hospital. I usually think "Great. Your local Orthopedist thanks you, as you will be paying her/him a visit someday". Tongue There's a place in Buckhead my buddies took me once, (the Lennox Mall...and shut up, NOT for shoes) ... you can prolly get some there, (that is if you can find a damn place to park Weeping )
I have one really expensive pair of shoes ... and I never wear them. Rolleyes I have a new tiny kitty cat and she likes to sleep in them.

Parking at Lennox DOES suck. I can get Louboutins at Green Hills mall in Nashville or The Summit in Birmingham. Green Hills is fun for window shopping and people watching. My cousin got a pair for her first wedding anniversary - me so jealous.

I have one moderately priced pair of shoes - can't wear them anymore Sad They were difficult for even me to walk in, and I don't wanna wear them without a man to hang onto for fear of falling. They were fabulous. Covered in silver glitter with giant bows on the back - 4 1/2" or 5" stiletto. They were my Christmas party/New Years Eve/sexy times shoes.

A lot of the female attendings wear Louboutins at the hospital. I'm personally not a fan of dress attire for patient interaction nor white coats. Infection control. Infection control. Infection control. Everyone should be in scrubs. Seeing a doc in a suit and tie reaaally bugs the hell out of me unless they're there for a meeting. I think, when's the last time you had that tie or white coat laundered, and with how many patients have you interacted? Don't lean across my patient's fresh sternal incision with that tie. Ick.

I was thinking about someday saving up for some spiked heeled Louboutins but this might be a bit much, don't you think?

[Image: louboutin-shoes1_2207737b.jpg]

Well, his shoes are beyond my price range anyway so I'll look elsewear.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
22-02-2015, 05:43 PM
I basically agree with Pablo on this one. Tongue Although my view is not really black and white, I haven't given it that much thought.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
22-02-2015, 05:59 PM
(22-02-2015 03:29 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(22-02-2015 02:59 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Haha, not for the horse obviously Tongue

The high heels allow you to contort your legs in the stirrups to a greater degree while maintaining control. I could shoot 360* while in a pretty good gallop without much difficulty at all.

High heels originate in Persia sometime at or before the 9th Century for exactly this reason.

How very interesting.

I just googled this subject and found a photo of these 16th century Persian shoes for horseback riding.

[Image: _65445029_p06-0015.jpg]

These obviously aren't meant for walking. I can see how the heel would fit around a stirrup, almost like a hook. I Learned something new today.

(My husband does traditional archery as a hobby. Not on a horse though. )

Yup, I have (or had rather, gone from country livin' to the city for a spell now as it were) a pair very similar to that. I could keep the horse in a gallop while I notched the arrow. Could draw and turn at the hips and I'd have a full 360* unobstructed view before I loosed. Got not too bad at it truth be told. Garbage compared to my sword work but I was always freakishly good at that.

I uh....I had a strange childhood.

(22-02-2015 05:38 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  [Image: louboutin-shoes1_2207737b.jpg]

There is a dark corner of my sexuality that wants those diggin' into my flesh. Heart

I uh...I have a strange adulthood too.

Tongue

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
22-02-2015, 06:03 PM
Have you noticed how some women look like they're walking all akimbo in high heels? Like a Paso Fino horse about to fall over. Heels are sexy but only if you know how to glide across the floor.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
22-02-2015, 06:09 PM
S
(22-02-2015 05:38 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(22-02-2015 03:05 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Parking at Lennox DOES suck. I can get Louboutins at Green Hills mall in Nashville or The Summit in Birmingham. Green Hills is fun for window shopping and people watching. My cousin got a pair for her first wedding anniversary - me so jealous.

I was thinking about someday saving up for some spiked heeled Louboutins but this might be a bit much, don't you think?

[Image: louboutin-shoes1_2207737b.jpg]

Well, his shoes are beyond my price range anyway so I'll look elsewear.
You could pull it off, just sayin'

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
22-02-2015, 06:32 PM
(22-02-2015 06:03 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Have you noticed how some women look like they're walking all akimbo in high heels? Like a Paso Fino horse about to fall over. Heels are sexy but only if you know how to glide across the floor.

One of my pet peeves is women who wear heels and have absolutely no idea how to operate them. The step should be seamless, like the shoe is an extension of your leg and foot.

Only a three year old looks cute clomping around in high heels. A grown woman should practice till her walk looks (and sounds) natural.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post