High School atheist group had to give in...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2014, 06:01 PM
RE: High School atheist group had to give in...
Spilt thread. Off topic comments went to the pit.

Thank you

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-02-2014, 06:11 PM
(28-02-2014 03:30 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Some of you might remember a few weeks ago an atheist high school student tried to get an Secular Student Alliance group formed. It seems that the group was threatened and harassed to the point of giving up. Too bad. I feel like sending more money but she's already refunding the money that came in. Damn.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...l-attacks/

I know it's a small thing, but at the end, those last 4 words irk me :/
Should be "...or what they refuse to believe". Oh well.
Even better "...or because they refuse to believe in cockamamie bullshit" Shy

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
28-02-2014, 06:33 PM
And yet...

One step back but other steps / others step forward...

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...h-schools/
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...f-atheism/

28-02-2014, 09:36 PM
This is a perfect example of Christian hypocrisy. It's perfectly ok for Christians to deny atheists their rights, and at the same time when Christians are not allowed to force their religious beliefs on others they cry foul and claim themselves to be the victims of persecution. Typical...

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
01-03-2014, 12:48 AM
Christianity, FUCK YEAH!
Christianity, FUCK YEAH!
Coming again, to save the mother fucking day yeah,
Christianity, FUCK YEAH!
Sheepdom is the only yahway yeah,
Infidel your game is through cause now you have to answer too,
Jesus, FUCK YEAH!
So lick my butt, and suck on my balls,
Christianity, FUCK YEAH!
What you going to do when we come for you now,
it’s the dream that we all share; it’s the hope for tomorrow

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
[+] 2 users Like toadaly's post
02-03-2014, 01:36 PM
The group should be formed anyway. Let those christians make threats all day long but if they will use force they will get force in return.
02-03-2014, 01:45 PM
(02-03-2014 01:36 PM)donotwant Wrote:  The group should be formed anyway. Let those christians make threats all day long but if they will use force they will get force in return.

Interesting that force or at least threat of force is at all necessary if christianity so obviously true. One would think that something that's so self evident wouldn't require physical threats to be the prevailing belief for everyone.

I guess the thought is that if you never present a cheek, there's never a need to turn the other.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
02-03-2014, 01:50 PM
(02-03-2014 01:45 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(02-03-2014 01:36 PM)donotwant Wrote:  The group should be formed anyway. Let those christians make threats all day long but if they will use force they will get force in return.

Interesting that force or at least threat of force is at all necessary if christianity so obviously true. One would think that something that's so self evident wouldn't require physical threats to be the prevailing belief for everyone.

I guess the thought is that if you never present a cheek, there's never a need to turn the other.

What I wonder is why would you need to make threats to somebody if god will throw em to hell anyway. If you think they are fucked by definition why bother?
[+] 1 user Likes donotwant's post
02-03-2014, 01:58 PM
(02-03-2014 01:50 PM)donotwant Wrote:  
(02-03-2014 01:45 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Interesting that force or at least threat of force is at all necessary if christianity so obviously true. One would think that something that's so self evident wouldn't require physical threats to be the prevailing belief for everyone.

What I wonder is why would you need to make threats to somebody if god will throw em to hell anyway. If you think they are fucked by definition why bother?

Well they can't very well ignore their own personal doubts in their beliefs if other people are allowed to run around blatantly expressing them in public now can they? That shit has to be shut down.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
02-03-2014, 02:01 PM
(02-03-2014 01:50 PM)donotwant Wrote:  
(02-03-2014 01:45 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Interesting that force or at least threat of force is at all necessary if christianity so obviously true. One would think that something that's so self evident wouldn't require physical threats to be the prevailing belief for everyone.

And to threaten someone who's 15 years old. Such upstanding citizens those Christians are. Yeah, real classy people indeed.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post