High Schooler's speech on the Jehovah's Witness organization

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2015, 10:21 PM
High Schooler's speech on the Jehovah's Witness organization

I'd learned most of this stuff before from other sources, like Seth's podcast, but this is a much more powerful source IMO.

Bravo, girl!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Dex's post
24-05-2015, 02:25 AM
RE: High Schooler's speech on the Jehovah's Witness organization
(23-05-2015 10:21 PM)Dex Wrote:  

I'd learned most of this stuff before from other sources, like Seth's podcast, but this is a much more powerful source IMO.

Bravo, girl!

Thanks for sharing this.

There are so many people who have been severely damaged by the Jehovah witnesses.

I know a local psychiatrist quite well. He refuses to see Jehovah witnesses. He just finds it too hard to help them.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-05-2015, 02:53 AM
Just, fucking, wow!

Thanks for posting.

24-05-2015, 03:00 AM
Witnesses, I have heard some bad things about them, but now I think they are probably my most disliked sect of Christianity next to Morons and Catholics.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
24-05-2015, 07:23 AM
Color me impressed.

Anyone know what class this was for? Any other background?

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
24-05-2015, 07:49 AM
That was so brave of her Hug
I hope she inspires more people to do the same.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
24-05-2015, 07:53 AM
In about the year 2000 a young woman was hired to work at the company where I worked at the time. She was toward the end of her journey toward extricating herself from the JWs. She had gotten divorced from a JW a few years before and because of the indoctrination left their daughter with him as she didn't think she could remove her daughter from the religion.

It was a roller coaster ride for her during that time. She was both withdrawing herself from the faith while maintaining some semblance of following the rules so that she could have occasional visits with her young daughter. It was a time of extreme opposites in her life and clearly stressful.

She went back to college part time...higher learning for women being frowned upon. She went a bit wild like you expect to see among people a decade younger who are finally breaking away from under the thumb of their parents.

She had been publicly dis-fellowed - in front of her toddler - from the JWs and many of her family and friends turned their backs on her.

When we met, I knew little about the JWs. What I learned from being an ear and a shoulder for her left me staggered at the hold this religion had over her though her rational mind knew that it was all bullshit.

Ultimately, she advanced in her career and met and married a musician who had been married twice before and had three children from those marriages. Those children helped her to learn how to be a mother without the restrictions of the faith. She made many friends outside of the JWs - something previously forbidden to her in the past.

When her daughter was about 13 she decided to live with her mother full time and that was finally legally settled. Now the daughter has very limited contact with her father who has shunned the child he raised for over 10 years.

The daughter is in college and has (and is) able to experience life in a way that she couldn't have if she had remained with her father and in the church.

The pain my friend endured has hardened my heart toward the JWs way beyond their pesky door-knocking. When I read of the things people go through to break away from their religions - all that they lose in an effort to break free - I think of her and the struggles I watched.

Good for the young lady in the video.

An aside - When I first starting talking with my friend about what she was going through, I could find almost nothing helpful online. There was little about people breaking from the JWs and not really much about the teachings themselves. It was frustrating because it was obvious that information was being purposefully squelched.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
24-05-2015, 02:57 PM
(24-05-2015 07:53 AM)Anjele Wrote:  In about the year 2000 a young woman was hired to work at the company where I worked at the time. She was toward the end of her journey toward extricating herself from the JWs. She had gotten divorced from a JW a few years before and because of the indoctrination left their daughter with him as she didn't think she could remove her daughter from the religion.

It was a roller coaster ride for her during that time. She was both withdrawing herself from the faith while maintaining some semblance of following the rules so that she could have occasional visits with her young daughter. It was a time of extreme opposites in her life and clearly stressful.

She went back to college part time...higher learning for women being frowned upon. She went a bit wild like you expect to see among people a decade younger who are finally breaking away from under the thumb of their parents.

She had been publicly dis-fellowed - in front of her toddler - from the JWs and many of her family and friends turned their backs on her.

When we met, I knew little about the JWs. What I learned from being an ear and a shoulder for her left me staggered at the hold this religion had over her though her rational mind knew that it was all bullshit.

Ultimately, she advanced in her career and met and married a musician who had been married twice before and had three children from those marriages. Those children helped her to learn how to be a mother without the restrictions of the faith. She made many friends outside of the JWs - something previously forbidden to her in the past.

When her daughter was about 13 she decided to live with her mother full time and that was finally legally settled. Now the daughter has very limited contact with her father who has shunned the child he raised for over 10 years.

The daughter is in college and has (and is) able to experience life in a way that she couldn't have if she had remained with her father and in the church.

The pain my friend endured has hardened my heart toward the JWs way beyond their pesky door-knocking. When I read of the things people go through to break away from their religions - all that they lose in an effort to break free - I think of her and the struggles I watched.

An aside - When I first starting talking with my friend about what she was going through, I could find almost nothing helpful online. There was little about people breaking from the JWs and not really much about the teachings themselves. It was frustrating because it was obvious that information was being purposefully squelched.

This looks good...

https://www.jehovahswitnessrecovery.com/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-05-2015, 03:12 PM
(24-05-2015 02:57 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(24-05-2015 07:53 AM)Anjele Wrote:  In about the year 2000 a young woman was hired to work at the company where I worked at the time. She was toward the end of her journey toward extricating herself from the JWs. She had gotten divorced from a JW a few years before and because of the indoctrination left their daughter with him as she didn't think she could remove her daughter from the religion.

This looks good...

https://www.jehovahswitnessrecovery.com/

Resources like that are out there now. Back 15 years ago, I couldn't find anything.

Thankfully those who are trying to break away have somewhere to turn now.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
24-05-2015, 03:18 PM

Wow...

Many people are posting their stories on reddit where I saw the video

The top comment is pretty funny..