High school classmate is a militant creationist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2014, 03:52 AM
High school classmate is a militant creationist
There's a guy I went to high school with and am now friends with on Facebook who happens to be a very strong supporter of Creationism. He also loves to say "commie liberals" are going to hell, have no morals, and there's absolutely no reason any woman should have an abortion. Never mind those who have pregnancies in their fallopian tubes or fatal birth defects. According to him, they should carry on with the birth even if it kills them both. It's God's will, of course. He's an absolute delight to see on Facebook, because he never talks about anything in his life, just talks about abortion, his hatred for Obama and anything liberal (and he's Canadian).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2014, 04:00 AM
RE: High school classmate is a militant creationist
Hello!

Ugh.. maybe 'un-watch' them, or what ever it is one does to stop seeing posts by others on Facebook.

Or.. ( If it's allowed ) link the face book account through to here and let some of the Forum members go and play. Tongue

Much cheers to all.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Peebothuhul's post
19-09-2014, 06:15 AM
Hahahaha.

Congratulations, you only have one.

Weeping

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 6 users Like Colourcraze's post
19-09-2014, 06:17 AM
You just described my Inlaws .....all of them.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
19-09-2014, 06:31 AM
(19-09-2014 03:52 AM)JayDee Wrote:  There's a guy I went to high school with and am now friends with on Facebook who happens to be a very strong supporter of Creationism. He also loves to say "commie liberals" are going to hell, have no morals, and there's absolutely no reason any woman should have an abortion. Never mind those who have pregnancies in their fallopian tubes or fatal birth defects. According to him, they should carry on with the birth even if it kills them both. It's God's will, of course. He's an absolute delight to see on Facebook, because he never talks about anything in his life, just talks about abortion, his hatred for Obama and anything liberal (and he's Canadian).

And he's your friend because ... ? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
19-09-2014, 06:43 AM
Get rid of him...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
[+] 1 user Likes CiderThinker's post
19-09-2014, 07:18 AM
(19-09-2014 03:52 AM)JayDee Wrote:  There's a guy I went to high school with and am now friends with on Facebook who happens to be a very strong supporter of Creationism. He also loves to say "commie liberals" are going to hell, have no morals, and there's absolutely no reason any woman should have an abortion. Never mind those who have pregnancies in their fallopian tubes or fatal birth defects. According to him, they should carry on with the birth even if it kills them both. It's God's will, of course. He's an absolute delight to see on Facebook, because he never talks about anything in his life, just talks about abortion, his hatred for Obama and anything liberal (and he's Canadian).

Sounds like a former friend of mine, might be interesting to get them to declare their view on the worldwide genocide perpetrated by their god via the flood. My former friend said it was "just" and displayed just how disgusting their view was.

I wonder if they realize that if they even used YHWH's name in vain or worked on the Sabbath, that it would be him and his family banging on the door of the ark to get in as the waters rose around them.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
19-09-2014, 10:03 AM
I'd like to point out to him how hypocritical he is. He judges others and says they're going to hell, when the Bible says only God can judge others. But then, he'd say that it's fine, he knows that he sins, and he prays to Jesus to get forgiveness for these sins. Sounds like he says "I can act like an ass all I want and praying to Jesus will make everything fine."

I'm not actually interested in removing him from my friends list. He's more entertaining than anything, because I've got another friend who often argues with him.
19-09-2014, 10:21 AM
This sounds like 90% of my Facebook friends, real life friends, and family. Infuriating, isn't it? It's why I don't get on Facebook anymore. I'll occasionally throw my family a bone and post a cute pic of my son.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
19-09-2014, 11:35 AM
Liberals are going to hell, how original. I've always found that funny coming from worshipers of the hippie bleeding heart liberal Jesus, that many claim he is.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.