High school classmate is a militant creationist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-11-2014, 06:48 PM
RE: High school classmate is a militant creationist
(27-11-2014 06:26 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  
(27-11-2014 08:25 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Don't get rid of him... Just respond to his posts with undeniable logic or evidence to the contrary.Make sure to take screen shots of it in case he deletes your post (as some cowards will do). After he deletes a few on various issues, compile them into one image and post them to his wall. If he deletes that, post it to your wall and tag him in it. Show everyone what a stupid cunt he is... Way better than unfriending IMO

I think this is a fairly good way to go about it, it combines controled interaction and attempting to teach the dude with a subltle follow up of ridicule when you fail. The only problem I have is the bolded point; I wouldn't have believed it before joining but undeniable evidenve or logic doesn't exist. The closest you can get is evidence or logic that is obviously true to anybody who gives a flying fuck.

I didn't mean it literally... I just like to quote I Robot:

[Image: zyqrYZC.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2014, 06:54 PM
I have never meet on in highschool, but if I did he would pretty much avoid that conversation with me at all cost, militant or not.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
27-11-2014, 07:23 PM
(27-11-2014 06:48 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(27-11-2014 06:26 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  I think this is a fairly good way to go about it, it combines controled interaction and attempting to teach the dude with a subltle follow up of ridicule when you fail. The only problem I have is the bolded point; I wouldn't have believed it before joining but undeniable evidenve or logic doesn't exist. The closest you can get is evidence or logic that is obviously true to anybody who gives a flying fuck.

I didn't mean it literally... I just like to quote I Robot:

Oooh. JayDee! When the cockmonger starts getting angry provoke them with I Robot quotes:

Quote:First of all, stop cussing cause you're not good at it.

Quote:Sorry, I'm allergic to bullshit.

Quote:Normal day, normal life. The driver of a semi fell asleep at the wheel. Average guy, wife and kids, working a double. *Not* the devil. The car he hit, the driver's name was Harold Lloyd. Like the film star, but no relation. He was killed instantly. But his twelve-year-old was sitting in the passenger's seat.

Quote:You're living proof that it is better to be lucky than smart.

Quote: I don't know, maybe you would have simply banned the Internet to keep the libraries open.
(Situational.)

Quote:That one's called anger. Ever simulate anger before?

Quote:Do I look like I care what you think? Do I look like I give a shit what you think?

Quote:: I think it would be better not to die, don't you?
(When heaven comes up.)

Quote:And you must be the dumbest, dumb person in the world.

And finally:
Quote:You can kiss my ass metal dick.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
27-11-2014, 07:27 PM
(27-11-2014 07:23 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  
(27-11-2014 06:48 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I didn't mean it literally... I just like to quote I Robot:

Oooh. JayDee! When the cockmonger starts getting angry provoke them with I Robot quotes:

Quote:First of all, stop cussing cause you're not good at it.

Quote:Sorry, I'm allergic to bullshit.

Quote:Normal day, normal life. The driver of a semi fell asleep at the wheel. Average guy, wife and kids, working a double. *Not* the devil. The car he hit, the driver's name was Harold Lloyd. Like the film star, but no relation. He was killed instantly. But his twelve-year-old was sitting in the passenger's seat.

Quote:You're living proof that it is better to be lucky than smart.

Quote: I don't know, maybe you would have simply banned the Internet to keep the libraries open.
(Situational.)

Quote:That one's called anger. Ever simulate anger before?

Quote:Do I look like I care what you think? Do I look like I give a shit what you think?

Quote:: I think it would be better not to die, don't you?
(When heaven comes up.)

Quote:And you must be the dumbest, dumb person in the world.

And finally:
Quote:You can kiss my ass metal dick.

Consider What is this... Random segments of code? Ghosts in the machine?
27-11-2014, 07:29 PM
^That ones good too.
Quote:At what point does a difference engine gain a soul?

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
27-11-2014, 08:20 PM
(19-09-2014 03:52 AM)JayDee Wrote:  There's a guy I went to high school with and am now friends with on Facebook who happens to be a very strong supporter of Creationism. He also loves to say "commie liberals" are going to hell, have no morals, and there's absolutely no reason any woman should have an abortion. Never mind those who have pregnancies in their fallopian tubes or fatal birth defects. According to him, they should carry on with the birth even if it kills them both. It's God's will, of course. He's an absolute delight to see on Facebook, because he never talks about anything in his life, just talks about abortion, his hatred for Obama and anything liberal (and he's Canadian).

Another reason I don't have, never had, and never will subscribe to facebook. Big Grin

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)