High school students defy atheists, recite Lord's Prayer at graduation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2016, 04:58 PM
High school students defy atheists, recite Lord's Prayer at graduation
I haven't read the article yet, but just the title kind of upset me. I'm posting it here before I read.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/05/2...ation.html

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2016, 05:06 PM
RE: High school students defy atheists, recite Lord's Prayer at graduation
Yikes, that was a sickening article.

Quote:They (the students) were lining up to march when some of them began talking about that long time tradition – now outlawed.

Outlawed? It wasn't legal to begin with. Idiots.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
26-05-2016, 05:06 PM
Wow, screw this "journalist"!

Quote:Fearing a possible lawsuit, the district dropped the tradition – which seemed to appease the group of perpetually-offended atheists, agnostics and free-thinkers from Wisconsin. You can read more about these loathsome bullies in my best-selling book “God Less America.”
It appeared a cherished tradition would be eradicated to satisfy the bloodlust of a bunch of out-of-town bullies.
Meanwhile, back in Wisconsin those meddling menaces from the Freedom From Religion Foundation are muttering under the breath, “Curses, foiled again.”

You would think this was satire, but it's not.

But seriously, I HATE when the religious feel so entitled that they impose their ceremonies on the general population. I want to see these same people react to a united Muslim or Hindu prayer and then explain why it's okay for Christians but not for people of other faiths.

[+] 3 users Like Adrianime's post
26-05-2016, 05:13 PM
(26-05-2016 05:06 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  You would think this was satire, but it's not.

Yeah, I was thinking it had to be satire, but no! It's just Fox News.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
26-05-2016, 05:18 PM
FOX Ahem...news

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
26-05-2016, 05:19 PM
(26-05-2016 05:06 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Wow, screw this "journalist"!

Quote:Fearing a possible lawsuit, the district dropped the tradition – which seemed to appease the group of perpetually-offended atheists, agnostics and free-thinkers from Wisconsin. You can read more about these loathsome bullies in my best-selling book “God Less America.”
It appeared a cherished tradition would be eradicated to satisfy the bloodlust of a bunch of out-of-town bullies.
Meanwhile, back in Wisconsin those meddling menaces from the Freedom From Religion Foundation are muttering under the breath, “Curses, foiled again.”

But seriously, I HATE when the religious feel so entitled that they impose their ceremonies on the general population. I want to see these same people react to a united Muslim or Hindu prayer and then explain why it's okay for Christians but not for people of other faiths.

This sounds like a job for THE CHURCH OF SATAN!!!!

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 6 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
26-05-2016, 05:31 PM

They would probably tell you that the US is a Christian nation. Ya' know, the usual bullshit.
26-05-2016, 05:47 PM
(26-05-2016 05:31 PM)pablo Wrote:  They would probably tell you that the US is a Christian nation. Ya' know, the usual bullshit.
Weeping

[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
26-05-2016, 06:12 PM
(26-05-2016 05:19 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  

This sounds like a job for THE CHURCH OF SATAN!!!!

Yup. I think there should also be a satanic ritual, a Rabbi should have said a prayer, a muslim prayer to allah as well. An American Indian should have been able to evoke a mountain spirit and the pagans should have been able to do whatever pagans do. Christians live in a very self centered world. They have no respect for other religions and faiths so with Christians it's always about.... "me, ours, us, mine and I" but when it's about consideration for others they throw a huge hissy fit. Christianity is most selfish religion the world has ever seen.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
26-05-2016, 06:18 PM
Yeap Wisconsin is disgusting being litered with all those meddling atheists all up and down

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post