High school teachers...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2012, 02:09 PM
Exclamation High school teachers...
Hello-

I am a sophomore at a small school in an even smaller New England town. The town I live in has more churches than stores and gas stations.

I have this teacher with whom I have had three classes and will need to take another next year as she is the only teacher who teaches the subject.

I like this teacher- she is a nice woman, good teacher, and genuinely cares about her students. HOWEVER- she has this predilection to bring God into her subject matter and lectures. For example: one day I had messed up on an assignment and said something along the lines of "Oops, I messed this up quite well!" to which she replied with all seriousness "It's alright- God still loves you!".

Be that as it may... I really do not care if someone has a religion. If it helps them get through to day to believe that there is a God looking upon them that's fine. However, I don't want to hear about it. I don't want them talking about it. And I especially don't want them fu Censored ing talking about it to me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Jwudz95's post
29-03-2012, 04:22 PM
RE: High school teachers...
(29-03-2012 02:09 PM)Jwudz95 Wrote:  Hello-

I am a sophomore at a small school in an even smaller New England town. The town I live in has more churches than stores and gas stations.

I have this teacher with whom I have had three classes and will need to take another next year as she is the only teacher who teaches the subject.

I like this teacher- she is a nice woman, good teacher, and genuinely cares about her students. HOWEVER- she has this predilection to bring God into her subject matter and lectures. For example: one day I had messed up on an assignment and said something along the lines of "Oops, I messed this up quite well!" to which she replied with all seriousness "It's alright- God still loves you!".

Be that as it may... I really do not care if someone has a religion. If it helps them get through to day to believe that there is a God looking upon them that's fine. However, I don't want to hear about it. I don't want them talking about it. And I especially don't want them fu Censored ing talking about it to me.
I work in an office full of right wing Christians. I know it sucks but you'll have to learn to just ignore things like that. One of my pet peeves is when people say "I just thank the Lord that ......................". It's good manners though to just let them be.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
29-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Yeah, as annoying as it is to hear- I'd let it go. Unless she's specifically teaching religion or having the class pray, then I'd ignore it. You'll hear it a lot outside of school too, get used to it. :/

At least she's nice and kind when you mess up, so I wouldn't hold it against her.
30-03-2012, 03:04 AM
Just nod friendly and say yes. It's not like she really wants to discuss it with you, it is just in her. Don't forget she is pretty brainwashed on that matter, she can't really stop it. And after all she wanted to tell you something nice.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-03-2012, 04:10 AM
Just relax about it. You will need to learn how to ignore that, how to put yourself into her shoes, even how to pretend you are a Christian. Maybe not because of this particular case, but you never know what life is going to bring you. You see, I now work in a firm that is full of God fearing Christians and I dot want them to know I am an atheist, there would just be no point, they can not understand it and I do not want them to look at me as some awful Satanist who eats little babies. I'm sure that she didn't mean anything bad with it and that she just used that line as a line, as an expression, not as something to covert you or to show you the True Path.

You can talk to her about it, but you can not expect that she will never again use some line she uses regularly. If she starts preaching about God to you, then confront her and explain that you do not want to listen to taht, but this was just a matter of expression.

As Leela said, just nod your head and say YES, then think about how she can stuff it where the sun don't shine, with a smile on your face...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
30-03-2012, 11:32 AM
I suggest manipulation. She's obviously very religious so if you pretend to be religious as well you can get on her good side.

Just a suggestion.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
30-03-2012, 11:47 AM
In other teacher news. You can now bang your teacher in Arkansas if you're 18. SWEET!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/03/...r-sex-law/

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
31-03-2012, 06:35 PM
(30-03-2012 11:47 AM)germanyt Wrote:  In other teacher news. You can now bang your teacher in Arkansas if you're 18. SWEET!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/03/...r-sex-law/
Shocking