Hijacking threads

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2013, 06:17 PM
Hijacking threads
There seems to be a lot of threads being hijacked, as a relative newcomer I can't say whether this is a recent thing, or if it's been going on for a while.

But either way, surely to enter a thread and deliberately try to steer the discussion around to whatever you want to talk about, is a form of trolling?

If you wanna talk about your own topic, or argue your own point, start your own bloody thread...

And everyone else, please... don't feed the trolls. No

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Sam's post
11-09-2013, 06:20 PM
RE: Hijacking threads
They are not trolls Drinking Beverage
exept pleasejesus,mark dreher.i and i,thetheist

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
11-09-2013, 06:20 PM
OMG! did you see the new iPhone 5S!

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/20...smartphone lets discuss that!

[+] 4 users Like ridethespiral's post
11-09-2013, 06:23 PM
Full body massage service available now!

Call +65 12345678

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
11-09-2013, 06:23 PM
I'm pretty sure this is aimed at Hughsie and I. For that, I do apologize. Big Grin
11-09-2013, 06:24 PM
Thread derailment is the norm around here, it's just what we've come to associate this community with and it's what we love doing.

[Image: giphy.gif]
11-09-2013, 06:24 PM
..Nah seriously my home button has been broken for 2 months and only 1 of my speakers works on my iPhone4, totally going to get one.

11-09-2013, 06:25 PM
(11-09-2013 06:17 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  There seems to be a lot of threads being hijacked, as a relative newcomer I can't say whether this is a recent thing, or if it's been going on for a while.

But either way, surely to enter a thread and deliberately try to steer the discussion around to whatever you want to talk about, is a form of trolling?

If you wanna talk about your own topic, or argue your own point, start your own bloody thread...

And everyone else, please... don't feed the trolls. No

"derails" are supposed to be used when no one finds anything useful in the thread, or if the poster is a troll. Otherwise we usually show some respect for a good discussion.

I haven't read the thread that caused you to write this so I have no comment in specific, just in general.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
11-09-2013, 06:29 PM
I wish to support Paranoidsam. He posited an interesting question that got hijacked by idioteye. It was a question I had opinions on and wished to relate them (I did to a certain extent). But his interesting question got lost in the noise. He has a legitimate complaint.
11-09-2013, 06:29 PM
(11-09-2013 06:23 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I'm pretty sure this is aimed at Hughsie and I. For that, I do apologize. Big Grin

Nah, it's in the A&T section and we don't really post here. We just hijack threads in all the other sections. It's OK when we do it though, surely when I'm involved it counts as officially sanctioned activity? Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.