Hijacking threads

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2013, 06:32 PM
RE: Hijacking threads
Who the heck is idioteye? And where is that thread?

Maybe he is one of those darn teenagers who won't get off the lawn when you tell them. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2013, 06:33 PM
(11-09-2013 06:29 PM)JAH Wrote:  I wish to support Paranoidsam. He posited an interesting question that got hijacked by idioteye. It was a question I had opinions on and wished to relate them (I did to a certain extent). But his interesting question got lost in the noise. He has a legitimate complaint.

It's Darwinian. Survival of the wittiest.

You just gotta re-rail.

Yes

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
11-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Oh heck , it's childeye. People love to argue with him. See if KC or someone won't split your thread.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
11-09-2013, 06:41 PM
If all I have to offer is smart ass comments, I usually wait until the thread at hand seems to be tapering off. I try not to be the one who interrupts a good stream of... wait, what?
[+] 2 users Like Regular_Joe's post
11-09-2013, 06:50 PM
(11-09-2013 06:29 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(11-09-2013 06:23 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I'm pretty sure this is aimed at Hughsie and I. For that, I do apologize. Big Grin

Nah, it's in the A&T section and we don't really post here. We just hijack threads in all the other sections. It's OK when we do it though, surely when I'm involved it counts as officially sanctioned activity? Big Grin

Taking your mod powers a bit too far, eh?
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
11-09-2013, 06:52 PM
(11-09-2013 06:17 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  There seems to be a lot of threads being hijacked, as a relative newcomer I can't say whether this is a recent thing, or if it's been going on for a while.

It's the norm around here. Some of us, or at least one of us, thinks it's a good test of the mettle of a thread. If it's worth its weight in salt, the thread will rerail. If it doesn't, well then it wasn't worth its weight in salt. Rerailing is easy. Skip to the last relevant post and reply to that. Skipping all the irrelevant bullshit posts in between, well that does admittedly take some practice but it ain't hard. If this is the thread you are referring to, The Unification of God, it does look like a worthwhile thread to rerail. So just rerail it and ignore the fucking comments from the peanut gallery, including Girly's.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-09-2013, 06:55 PM
(09-09-2013 07:49 PM)darv Wrote:  Ferdinand and Hughsie are apparently able to derail any thread...

Not sure why, but that makes me happy.

All information in the above post is my own opinion and will not
necessarily be logically sound or conform to reality as we know it.

You have been warned. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes darv's post
11-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Is it in poor taste that I attempt to hijack this thread with my box knife & fly it into the World News section of the forum?

Beat_stick

I deserved it! I apologize!

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
11-09-2013, 07:36 PM
That particular derail was a bit frustrating. I propose that a thread is started called "Childeye's screwy definitions and terms and how he thinks they are relevant to any meaningful discussion".

Then anytime he posts his bullshit in the middle of a decent thread, it can automatically be moved into this thread. Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
11-09-2013, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2013 08:26 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(11-09-2013 06:23 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I'm pretty sure this is aimed at Hughsie and I. For that, I do apologize. Big Grin

No it wasn't. You guys do brief humor, and that's cool.
We're talking about the mess Childish made of the Unification of God thread, among others. I asked the mods to split off the hijacked part, so the original thread will stand. It was a legitimate and good OP.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche