I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Lightvader's post
11-09-2013, 08:30 PM
RE: Hijacking threads
(11-09-2013 06:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-09-2013 06:17 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  There seems to be a lot of threads being hijacked, as a relative newcomer I can't say whether this is a recent thing, or if it's been going on for a while.

It's the norm around here. Some of us, or at least one of us, thinks it's a good test of the mettle of a thread. If it's worth its weight in salt, the thread will rerail. If it doesn't, well then it wasn't worth its weight in salt. Rerailing is easy. Skip to the last relevant post and reply to that. Skipping all the irrelevant bullshit posts in between, well that does admittedly take some practice but it ain't hard. If this is the thread you are referring to, The Unification of God, it does look like a worthwhile thread to rerail. So just rerail it and ignore the fucking comments from the peanut gallery, including Girly's.

I've posted this after that thread turned into a long argument with Childeye, who tried to turn it into a "God exists and here's why" conversation. Sadly he succeeded.

But, really I just keep seeing good, interesting threads being derailed by certain individuals and turned into the same argument, over and over. And so when people try to "re-rail" it, you miss their replies by trying to sift through all the crap.

I just think it's a shame when some good questions and topics get swallowed up with drivel that's been covered time after time.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-09-2013, 08:33 PM
(11-09-2013 08:30 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  
(11-09-2013 06:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It's the norm around here. Some of us, or at least one of us, thinks it's a good test of the mettle of a thread. If it's worth its weight in salt, the thread will rerail. If it doesn't, well then it wasn't worth its weight in salt. Rerailing is easy. Skip to the last relevant post and reply to that. Skipping all the irrelevant bullshit posts in between, well that does admittedly take some practice but it ain't hard. If this is the thread you are referring to, The Unification of God, it does look like a worthwhile thread to rerail. So just rerail it and ignore the fucking comments from the peanut gallery, including Girly's.

I've posted this after that thread turned into a long argument with Childeye, who tried to turn it into a "God exists and here's why" conversation. Sadly he succeeded.

But, really I just keep seeing good, interesting threads being derailed by certain individuals and turned into the same argument, over and over. And so when people try to "re-rail" it, you miss their replies by trying to sift through all the crap.

I just think it's a shame when some good questions and topics get swallowed up with drivel that's been covered time after time.

It'll be split off whenever a mod shows up...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
11-09-2013, 08:35 PM
Well,its uncommon we derail real debates,but chitchats in the community forums are commonly derailed and we like it.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
11-09-2013, 09:37 PM
[Image: mods-are-asleep-post-ponies-500x380.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 7 users Like EvolutionKills's post
12-09-2013, 10:52 AM
...don't know why I'm telling y'all this because it's sure to just put a target on me and fill up my PM box even more but....

*deep breath*

If you have a legitimate concern or issue about a thread split, you can send me a PM requesting it. This is the most sure-fire way to get it done quickly. If you post in the FT section, I see it, but more than likely won't do it. There are several capable bodies that can see it and split it. I'm busy dealing with pedo crap or something to that nature.

Since the community is pretty liberal with derailments, we tend to be pretty liberal with splits. So if it's just THAT pressing, send me a PM.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
12-09-2013, 10:53 AM
Also, in a twist of irony, I'm moving this thread from A&T.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
12-09-2013, 11:00 AM
(12-09-2013 10:52 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...don't know why I'm telling y'all this because it's sure to just put a target on me and fill up my PM box even more but....

*deep breath*

If you have a legitimate concern or issue about a thread split, you can send me a PM requesting it. This is the most sure-fire way to get it done quickly. If you post in the FT section, I see it, but more than likely won't do it. There are several capable bodies that can see it and split it. I'm busy dealing with pedo crap or something to that nature.

Since the community is pretty liberal with derailments, we tend to be pretty liberal with splits. So if it's just THAT pressing, send me a PM.

Does this have anything to do with cheese? I thought not. Drinking Beverage

Don't get me going on the porcupine copulation, just don't do it.Angel

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume