Hiking and Backpacking Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2015, 02:26 PM
RE: Hiking and Backpacking Thread
I've been outside once. I hated it. I'm pretty sure I can google up some prettier nature than I could actual find out there myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-08-2015, 02:43 PM
(27-08-2015 02:26 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  I've been outside once. I hated it. I'm pretty sure I can google up some prettier nature than I could actual find out there myself.

Weeping My bro, you need to experience... fuck I can't even explain. It's not about the beauty only. It's being out there, in the open air, feeling *alive*. Pushing yourself. Feeling tired. Setting up camp in the dark. Smelling the earth. Cooking up two minute noodles and tuna or some other ungodly concoction. Watching the fire flickering down to coals while drinking your wine. Sleeping at 8 o'clock which feels *ridiculously* late.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 7 users Like morondog's post
27-08-2015, 02:45 PM
(27-08-2015 02:43 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-08-2015 02:26 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  I've been outside once. I hated it. I'm pretty sure I can google up some prettier nature than I could actual find out there myself.

Weeping My bro, you need to experience... fuck I can't even explain. It's not about the beauty only. It's being out there, in the open air, feeling *alive*. Pushing yourself. Feeling tired. Setting up camp in the dark. Smelling the earth. Cooking up two minute noodles and tuna or some other ungodly concoction. Watching the fire flickering down to coals while drinking your wine. Sleeping at 8 o'clock which feels *ridiculously* late.

...And seeing the stars away from the city lights.
[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post
27-08-2015, 02:46 PM
Bill Bryson’s A Walk in the Woods is coming out as a film starring Robert Redford and Nick Nolte, trailer looks very promising.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
27-08-2015, 02:47 PM
(27-08-2015 02:45 PM)jennybee Wrote:  ...And seeing the stars away from the city lights.

And kissing someone under those stars... and... other stuff Big Grin

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
27-08-2015, 02:47 PM
(27-08-2015 02:43 PM)morondog Wrote:  

Calm yourself down man. You're not making any sense.

*Backs slowly away from the rambling man who clearly are fueled by pure madness.*
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
27-08-2015, 02:48 PM
(27-08-2015 02:46 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Bill Bryson’s A Walk in the Woods is coming out as a film starring Robert Redford and Nick Nolte, trailer looks very promising.

Definitely want to see that!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
27-08-2015, 02:49 PM
(27-08-2015 02:47 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(27-08-2015 02:43 PM)morondog Wrote:  Weeping My bro, you need to experience... fuck I can't even explain. It's not about the beauty only. It's being out there, in the open air, feeling *alive*. Pushing yourself. Feeling tired. Setting up camp in the dark. Smelling the earth. Cooking up two minute noodles and tuna or some other ungodly concoction. Watching the fire flickering down to coals while drinking your wine. Sleeping at 8 o'clock which feels *ridiculously* late.
Calm yourself down man. You're not making any sense.

*Backs slowly away from the rambling man who clearly are fueled by pure madness.*

Dodgy I put so much effort into my poetic descriptions too.

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
27-08-2015, 02:57 PM
(27-08-2015 02:46 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Bill Bryson’s A Walk in the Woods is coming out as a film starring Robert Redford and Nick Nolte, trailer looks very promising.

I don't want to do the entire Appalachian trail - but I'd like to do parts of it.

That movie looks like fun - and brings up the part that scares me - the bears. I'm terrified of snakes, yes, but in the event I were to get bitten none of the pit vipers you'd come across on the trail are so poisonous that you would die before reaching a hospital, even with you being out in the boonies. Bears, on the other hand...

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
27-08-2015, 02:57 PM
(27-08-2015 02:49 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-08-2015 02:47 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Calm yourself down man. You're not making any sense.

Dodgy I put so much effort into my poetic descriptions too.
Oh I was supposed to be excited by being miserable because I've been eaten by seven different types of bugs of which one might actually be my survival partner.
Or was the smelling the earth after I have fallen headlong into (Or is it onto?) it?
Or was it eating sub-par food?
Or sitting by the fire crying because I get smoke in my eyes?