Hiking and Backpacking Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2015, 03:05 PM
RE: Hiking and Backpacking Thread
(27-08-2015 02:57 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Oh I was supposed to be excited by being miserable because I've been eaten by seven different types of bugs of which one might actually be my survival partner.
Or was the smelling the earth after I have fallen headlong into (Or is it onto?) it?
Or was it eating sub-par food?
Or sitting by the fire crying because I get smoke in my eyes?

It makes a change from parking off indoors all the time Undecided Bugs are a nuisance but hardly a problem. When you go hiking all food tastes good, it's just part of the magic. No matter what disgusting dog biscuit you stuffed in your pocket when you left, as soon as you're on the trail it magically transforms into nectar of the gods. The fire... is also a very great magic. It is life. It is warmth. It is companionship. Until you've sat watching the fire with the stars overhead, you haven't lived. You've merely existed.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
27-08-2015, 03:11 PM
(27-08-2015 03:05 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-08-2015 02:57 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Oh I was supposed to be excited by being miserable because I've been eaten by seven different types of bugs of which one might actually be my survival partner.
Or was the smelling the earth after I have fallen headlong into (Or is it onto?) it?

It makes a change from parking off indoors all the time Undecided Bugs are a nuisance but hardly a problem. When you go hiking all food tastes good, it's just part of the magic. No matter what disgusting dog biscuit you stuffed in your pocket when you left, as soon as you're on the trail it magically transforms into nectar of the gods. The fire... is also a very great magic. It is life. It is warmth. It is companionship. Until you've sat watching the fire with the stars overhead, you haven't lived. You've merely existed.
Tell you what. If I ever get to a place close to you. You can give me that experience. But I'm just on really built for walking. Even when I wasn't fat my feet would get destroyed by it. I was actually scrapped by the army doctor at my draft due to among other things, a very stiff left foot. If I should do anything outdoorsy I would much rather be kayaking on the sea.
27-08-2015, 03:12 PM
(27-08-2015 02:57 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(27-08-2015 02:49 PM)morondog Wrote:  Dodgy I put so much effort into my poetic descriptions too.
Oh I was supposed to be excited by being miserable because I've been eaten by seven different types of bugs of which one might actually be my survival partner.

"Off! Deep Woods" - takes care of the bugs

Your survival partner won't want to eat you if they can make the sex with you Wink

On a warm day when there's a light rain - the smell is...I'll take a quote from Drew Barrymore "it's magical"

I've never been on a long hiking trip, but we've always eaten pretty well on our camping trips. Besides, fire roasted food is soooo good. It's such an experience.

Ya get your ass up and move if the wind keeps blowing the smoke in your direction. Most of the time I don't mind a little bit of smoke, the bugs hate it.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
27-08-2015, 03:14 PM
Sorry M-Dog change of plans. I'm going with nurse instead.
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
27-08-2015, 03:16 PM
(27-08-2015 03:12 PM)Nurse Wrote:  

"Off! Deep Woods" - takes care of the bugs

Your survival partner won't want to eat you if they can make the sex with you Wink

On a warm day when there's a light rain - the smell is...I'll take a quote from Drew Barrymore "it's magical"

I've never been on a long hiking trip, but we've always eaten pretty well on our camping trips. Besides, fire roasted food is soooo good. It's such an experience.

Ya get your ass up and move if the wind keeps blowing the smoke in your direction. Most of the time I don't mind a little bit of smoke, the bugs hate it.
Well I get the smell of nice summer rain through my window anyways so I wouldn't need to go out for that.

I can see the idea with smoke and bugs. But still. . . I'm not sold.
27-08-2015, 03:17 PM
(27-08-2015 03:14 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Sorry M-Dog change of plans. I'm going with nurse instead.

Big Grin She's a honey... trap. She'll have you for breakfast.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
27-08-2015, 03:19 PM
(27-08-2015 03:17 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-08-2015 03:14 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Sorry M-Dog change of plans. I'm going with nurse instead.

Big Grin She's a honey... trap. She'll have you for breakfast.
Well I'm quite sure it'd be well worth it.

Besides didn't you just say you wanted to be on her island in the other thread?
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
27-08-2015, 03:19 PM
(27-08-2015 03:11 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Tell you what. If I ever get to a place close to you. You can give me that experience. But I'm just on really built for walking. Even when I wasn't fat my feet would get destroyed by it. I was actually scrapped by the army doctor at my draft due to among other things, a very stiff left foot. If I should do anything outdoorsy I would much rather be kayaking on the sea.

My old man also buggered his feet up. It's a shit situation to be in. But kayaking is a fun thing to do, and you can paddle on rivers too, it's a lot of fun Smile

27-08-2015, 03:22 PM
(27-08-2015 03:19 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-08-2015 03:11 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Tell you what. If I ever get to a place close to you. You can give me that experience. But I'm just on really built for walking. Even when I wasn't fat my feet would get destroyed by it. I was actually scrapped by the army doctor at my draft due to among other things, a very stiff left foot. If I should do anything outdoorsy I would much rather be kayaking on the sea.

My old man also buggered his feet up. It's a shit situation to be in. But kayaking is a fun thing to do, and you can paddle on rivers too, it's a lot of fun Smile
To be honest it might also be that fact that Denmark is such a small country that there isn't any real wilderness. I don't think you can get truly lost here. I'm guessing that might be a factor in the whole outdoor experience thing.
27-08-2015, 03:39 PM
(27-08-2015 03:19 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(27-08-2015 03:17 PM)morondog Wrote:  Big Grin She's a honey... trap. She'll have you for breakfast.
Well I'm quite sure it'd be well worth it.

Besides didn't you just say you wanted to be on her island in the other thread?

Haha Smile She can't eat me, I'm the gingerbread man!